How long does it take you guys to make video

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A really long time. 1 day to plan on where I want to go, 1 day to get the outdoor footage, 2 hours to film speaking segments, 3-4 hours editing.
As it takes so long, I space out my uploads so there is less pressure and more time to do what I want to do

OCTA-Log

Reaction score
A really long time. 1 day to plan on where I want to go, 1 day to get the outdoor footage, 2 hours to film speaking segments, 3-4 hours editing.
As it takes so long, I space out my uploads so there is less pressure and more time to do what I want to do
Do you think that it is just better to make quantity with less quality? I found it harder with my youtube experience to get subscribers with anything less than 2 uploads a week. Just wondering if it is actually working out for you on your upload schedule.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
3 hours to film, well in excess of 10 hours to edit. Not worth it at all from a financial standpoint. But I take pride in my work, and I'll be damned if I take shortcuts and produce a sub par video. What I put out there is the best I can muster.

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the video, but a normal video takes about 10-15 mins to record and about 3 hours to edit.

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I don't really do any editing, other than include a background soundtrack of birdsounds and a watermark.

1-5 minutes to film. 30 seconds of editing in the sound and watermark. 15 minutes to render. If my computer wasn't so slow, I could probably upload a video in 8 minutes. That's why I can pump out about 20 videos in a day if I wanted to, but I prefer to pump out 2-4 videos per day.

EDIT: I am in awe at the amount of time people devote to their videos. That is real dedication. There's no way I could do that.

Imagination Playtimes

Reaction score
I think everyone will have a different answer. My videos range from fast to extensive. Like our Dinosaur Island animated videos usually take me 2 solid weeks of work. Other videos take anyway from 1 day to 3-4 days to put together.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to use a company to film and edit my videos. A Vlog will take about 4 or 5 hours of research and storyboard creation though, and about 30 minutes to film. I try to film 3 videos at the same time, but am not always able to due to the amount of time they take to prepare.
I want to improve my ability to present without the aid of a script, and am looking to take on an intern later this year to follow me around filming as I visit yachts and shipyards. This should allow me to increase the amount of videos I produce and hopefully also make them more engaging.
I should add that the larger, non-vlog videos take about three full days to produce!

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
About 3 weeks. I get an idea, but I procrastinate making it. So yea, 3 weeks at least.

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the video but on average i take 2 to 3 hours since i use clips from movies and football games

MrPryce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Takes me about a 30-2hrs for recording and about 1hr on editing and around 30mins -1hr to upload whenever I have free time or not working

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk