How long does it take to edit your content?

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys
I was just wondering how long it takes you guys to edit your videos?
I takes me a week or so.

You can tell you put a lot of work into your videos. It takes me about two hours but I work and am in school.

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends on the length. A 7 Min video can take about 20 mins. An hour long video can range from 30 mins - 45 mins I spend alot of time editing to make it perfect!

Livelifeinabox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Takes us 2-3 hours, we film and edit all in one day, if an idea for an edit is taking too long we are forced to cut the corner or drop it. Keeps us really creative, we love it. Longest took 4 hours, didn't get much sleep and is possibly our lowest viewed video... Typical

WWKD 2

Reaction score
Depending on the video for me it takes anywhere from 3-6 hours spread out and balanced between my college work and editing so roughly a day or two.

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
waaaaaay too long. For a 4 minute video, it usually takes me 20-30 minutes to record, 2-3 hours to edit, 3 hours color correction (even though i make terrible ones), and 2 hours for last minute additions. Usually takes that long cuz of the rendering

TheScarletBlaze

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Gaming Content about an hour or two Highlights are much longer and usually take a few days

Main Channel content 2-4 hours roughly

that's providing no god damm technical issues arise[DOUBLEPOST=1486130385,1486130274][/DOUBLEPOST]
waaaaaay too long. For a 4 minute video, it usually takes me 20-30 minutes to record, 2-3 hours to edit, 3 hours color correction (even though i make terrible ones), and 2 hours for last minute additions. Usually takes that long cuz of the rendering
I feel you i once had a 16hr render before i sorted out my pc's temperatures

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys
I was just wondering how long it takes you guys to edit your videos?
I takes me a week or so.
Usually it takes me about an hour or two. Really depends if I'm using one or multiple cameras in a video!

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Gosh, I hope you are all gamers or reviewers with these long edit times, makes me feel like I put no effort in!

For reals though, I edit as I go along. I record directly into my editing software, either for a few "paragraphs" and edit before moving onto the next bit, or "respond" to clips I'm using and do the same.
I'm not a gamer or a reviewer, and I edit for MANY hours. XD

Fortyone

Reaction score
It depends on what I do. If it's a longer video (30+ minutes), it's going to take a couple of hours per minute of actual video. For smaller ones I work a little faster.