How long does it take for monetization to get approved?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Its mostly NOT automated. Thorough human reviews are done to make sure content is in compliance.
Ah thank you!

Quick question, maybe you might know the answer to it. What do I do about the music I use. it is off artlist.io and I have a paid license. non of the songs are copyrighted, maybe because my site is white listed? but not sure if there is a way for me to show proof of that or something. it never gave me an option for some license usage or what not.

I have absolutely 0 warnings though, but all of the songs are through artlist.io which is paid. or as long as the songs are not copyrighted they should be ok?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You should be fine as long as you have original content and not just uploading songs for the songs sake.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@wchap001

Hi again. The usual is 30 days. If a reviewer can see at a glance your channel is compliant, you breeze through the door to the YPP Membership as @markkaz did. If there is some question of your channel's compliance, multiple reviewers will look at it, and it is sent to the back of the line each time a decision can't be made. I have an as yet unconfirmed theory that channels who sit waiting for up to a year are in a long rejection line from which mass rejection email batches are sent at intervals.

Reactions: markkaz

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
@wchap001

Hi again. The usual is 30 days. If a reviewer can see at a glance your channel is compliant, you breeze through the door to the YPP Membership as @markkaz did. If there is some question of your channel's compliance, multiple reviewers will look at it, and it is sent to the back of the line each time a decision can't be made. I have an as yet unconfirmed theory that channels who sit waiting for up to a year are in a long rejection line from which mass rejection email batches are sent at intervals.

thanks! im a bit nervous now about my channel. not sure why its taking some time :/ going to be on the 3rd week soon. I would not see a reason why they would reject my channel though. I use non copyright music and have a license for artlist.io and all of my content is obviously mine. nothing dangerous or harassing

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
You should be fine as long as you have original content and not just uploading songs for the songs sake.

thanks. I have original content. Im a bit worried with this whole repetitive crap though that it will be denied. I mean I also vlog on the bikes so it should not be an issue. I also do reviews and now going to start cooking and camping. pretty far from repetition.

either way, if I dont get monetized, I dont care. ill keep making videos. ive always enjoyed making them and just recording my dirtbike sessions