How long do you take to make some stable income from Youtube?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No probs! All the toy channels on here are super friendly and very helpful, so ask away! You are right about going to the drawing board. If you want serious growth, you definitely need a comprehensive strategy across the board. Long long gone are the days of just shooting and uploading and getting views - unless you can get a shark to jump into your boat, or something as extravagant.
lol! thank you so much! it all just got a bit less overwhelming :)

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It typical takes Years but it all depends on your niche. I feel that the more value that's in your videos, the more you CAN make. For example, a lot of the Product review channels can make a good amount of money off of ads or referral purchase links such as the affiliate programs. Other than that, it takes a good consistency of views. 1k+ views per video to see any decent amount of income.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It took me a year and a half to get my first $100 payout. I think we got checks back then in 2010. I kept working at it and the next payout came in 9 months, then 5 months, 3 months, then every single month.

1. How many video did you post to make it to that points?

I very likely had over 100 videos by then.

2. how much promotion did you do?

Zero, never.

3. from what you heard and/or from your experience, does it eventually will start making money, or really have to go viral before you can make money?

You are correct, content really matters. So does competition. How many other people are doing the same thing?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. How many video did you post to make it to that points?
2. how much promotion did you do?
3. from what you heard and/or from your experience, does it eventually will start making money, or really have to go viral before you can make money?
1. We were making videos on and off for about 5 years, then after monetizing it took about another year to get to the point where I could quit my day job.
2. None.
3. If you want a relatively stable income, you need some consistent view-getters to drive traffic to your channel. Viral videos tend to burn out. But you do need consistent view getters as a fallback position.

YoungWildMe3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We just started our family channel and are struggling with our thumbnails. Any one have any tips or suggestions for a free or low cost ways to do excellent thumbnails?

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We just started our family channel and are struggling with our thumbnails. Any one have any tips or suggestions for a free or low cost ways to do excellent thumbnails?
Screen shot of the best shot in your videos, typically you want to go with a face and then place huge text on the thumbnail not blocking the face. Typically go with the color Yellow or White. Impact font is a good font to start with. Use Bold and a stroke around the words.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Screen shot of the best shot in your videos, typically you want to go with a face and then place huge text on the thumbnail not blocking the face. Typically go with the color Yellow or White. Impact font is a good font to start with. Use Bold and a stroke around the words.
While I somewhat agree with this, it's also a recipe on how to look EXACTLY like every other thumbnail on YouTube. I see the larger channels moving away from this "bright-colored Impact font on top of silly photo" thumbnail style precisely because almost every channel does it now. It's waaaay over used. YouTube search results look like rows of the exact same thumbnail these days, or at least like they are all from the same channel. Just my opinion, of course. :)

Reactions: Gamayun

GroovyMotion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
How to increase the chances of having a video go viral?
I learned from a fellow YT'er, he had a few videos that surpassed the 5 million views. It was all in the title, he got really creative and did stuff that 99.9% of us would say "What? Did he really do that??".

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
While I somewhat agree with this, it's also a recipe on how to look EXACTLY like every other thumbnail on YouTube. I see the larger channels moving away from this "bright-colored Impact font on top of silly photo" thumbnail style precisely because almost every channel does it now. It's waaaay over used. YouTube search results look like rows of the exact same thumbnail these days, or at least like they are all from the same channel. Just my opinion, of course. :)
I am agree with you on this thumbnail craziness . some time it is all looks very funny and sad at the same moment

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's reason why a lot of channels do it that way. They stand out amongst the crowd that you start out with. It makes your Thumbnail look more appealing like you take your Channel serious/video serious and want people to actually watch them. The overused idea is still a good idea because if you don't do it that way, I guarantee it will take a lot longer to build consistent traffic rather than if you don't and that goes for like over half of the YouTube creators. Go with Big text and appeal or go with clickbait, pick your poison. lol