How long do you take to make some stable income from Youtube?

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Money makes the world go round. If you don't get paid, how can you pay rent, buy food, pay the bills.
YouTube expects high quality content, preferably daily uploads, varied and trendy topics. That takes a lot of time, resources and money. Cameras and backend equipment is expensive.
Software subscriptions necessary to run a successful channel are not cheap (Tubebuddy/Adobe/Microsoft/etc).
Keeping on trend with kids/toys is expensive - props and toys for each video run from a few $ to $500+; costumes are $20-$80/pop, Thomas sets $20-$100, those giant inflatable toys $20-$50.
If a top channel does something, Youtube algo wants more of it to promote and place in suggested, so if you want to grow you need to buy that stuff immediately and execute on the trend.
Nothing wrong with mixing fun and money. Some of the most enjoyable things in life are more so when you get paid. YouTube and money go perfectly hand in hand. Our boss, Google, is all about money. The search engine functionality exists solely for the purpose of placing ads. Google and YouTube are nothing but ubiquitous ad servers. The more creators get paid, the more they want to make awesome content and engage with the platform. Cut the cash, and who can afford to spend thousands every month supporting a losing hobby as you get served an eviction notice and your power gets cut off for not paying the bills?
The more money we make on YouTube, the more excited I am about the opportunity of it, and the more channels I want to open and build a profitable business. There is nothing more enjoyable or satisfying than creating something from nothing and working for yourself on your own terms, hours and letting your creative juices flow.[/QUOTE

Amen! That's dream for me!

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In my opinion, it takes 10,000 subscribers OR 1,000,000 lifetime views before youtube will be with you, instead of against you. I myself don't know from experience, but that seems to be the point where everybody won't just decide that you were a fad and abandon you xD ~Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion, it takes 10,000 subscribers OR 1,000,000 lifetime views before youtube will be with you, instead of against you. I myself don't know from experience, but that seems to be the point where everybody won't just decide that you were a fad and abandon you xD ~Column 1
We are over the million mark on our channel and we still don't see much of a difference :/

Reactions: Gamayun

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
We are over the million mark on our channel and we still don't see much of a difference :/
What I mean is that people will steadily continue to subscribe, instead of in jumps, or not at all. I don't mean that you'll be making huge money, chances are you won't, but you will have predictable money. You don't have to wonder if people will get bored with your channel and just leave.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I mean is that people will steadily continue to subscribe, instead of in jumps, or not at all. I don't mean that you'll be making huge money, chances are you won't, but you will have predictable money. You don't have to wonder if people will get bored with your channel and just leave.
Ah,I see. Yes, things have been more predicable somewhat, we get around 5-10 subs per day, give or take, Our subs though are almost at 2,000 but only around 2% new videos. :/

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
On trend = doing what's popular, where Yt is sending the mass traffic, where the channels with the top traffic are focused, ex surprise eggs and toy unboxing are pretty much dead but wacky skits are in (for the most part).
Backend = all else you do behind the scenes - tags/title/description/CC/intl translations/playlists strategies/branding/home page design/thumbnails/adwords/etc
Hey! This was interesting to me (my 3 year old watches so many surprise egg videos that I had no idea this wasn't in anymore). I have noticed channels doing a lot more skits though. Just wondering if you had any advice for us (being in the same channel category as we are)? We just started our channel and have been doing some unboxing- but no luck whatsoever on any vids. Thanks in advance!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! This was interesting to me (my 3 year old watches so many surprise egg videos that I had no idea this wasn't in anymore). I have noticed channels doing a lot more skits though. Just wondering if you had any advice for us (being in the same channel category as we are)? We just started our channel and have been doing some unboxing- but no luck whatsoever on any vids. Thanks in advance!
I think the first thing is look through the last 3-6 months of posts from the 10 or so kids/toy channels active on here. There's a wealth of information of what works and what doesn't in our vertical. Then the next most important thing is to decide if this is a hobby or a serious business. Based on that, you have to decide on doing videos you may enjoy/like more (for example toy unboxing, playing, non-scripted), or focus on getting on trends, which will require identifying a few channels in the 5-20k sub range making vids on trend and growing quickly in the last few months, carefully analyzing their methodology and implementing a shadowing strategy.

As a general observation, skits are in you are correct, and pure-play toy unboxings are out (for the most part). During this year there has been a serious uptick in quality (lighting, videography, storylines), mostly coming out of Russia, led by Vlad Crazyshow and a few others. There have also been a few strong growth channels in the 'learn colors' space, once again many out of Russia, some out of Europe.

Coming back to your question, if you do this as a business and want to grow, you will likely need to execute a skit strategy, focussing on great videography, snappy, unusual storylines and fantastic thumbnails. The more wacky the better. You will also lose most of your hair. If you want to do it as a hobby and relax more and have fun and not stress (but max out your Visa card), toy unboxings and playing type videos are the go. Of course there have been a few massive playground hits, generally combined with nursery rhyme songs, and those don't cost much apart from some gas, a packed lunch, and a custom song from fiverr.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think the first thing is look through the last 3-6 months of posts from the 10 or so kids/toy channels active on here. There's a wealth of information of what works and what doesn't in our vertical. Then the next most important thing is to decide if this is a hobby or a serious business. Based on that, you have to decide on doing videos you may enjoy/like more (for example toy unboxing, playing, non-scripted), or focus on getting on trends, which will require identifying a few channels in the 5-20k sub range making vids on trend and growing quickly in the last few months, carefully analyzing their methodology and implementing a shadowing strategy.

As a general observation, skits are in you are correct, and pure-play toy unboxings are out (for the most part). During this year there has been a serious uptick in quality (lighting, videography, storylines), mostly coming out of Russia, led by Vlad Crazyshow and a few others. There have also been a few strong growth channels in the 'learn colors' space, once again many out of Russia, some out of Europe.

Coming back to your question, if you do this as a business and want to grow, you will likely need to execute a skit strategy, focussing on great videography, snappy, unusual storylines and fantastic thumbnails. The more wacky the better. You will also lose most of your hair. If you want to do it as a hobby and relax more and have fun and not stress (but max out your Visa card), toy unboxings and playing type videos are the go. Of course there have been a few massive playground hits, generally combined with nursery rhyme songs, and those don't cost much apart from some gas, a packed lunch, and a custom song from fiverr.
Wow!! This is great! Thank you so much for taking the time out to respond (really wasn't expecting it). I feel like I have been going about this all wrong. I guess now all I can do is go back to the drawing boards and come up with something else. My daughter has asked me (today alone) how many subs we have about 5 different times. Each answer feels like I am disappointing her, so I definitely want to work at this to make it better for us and our viewers. Once again thank you for your time AND the great advice! Really appreciate it!

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow!! This is great! Thank you so much for taking the time out to respond (really wasn't expecting it). I feel like I have been going about this all wrong. I guess now all I can do is go back to the drawing boards and come up with something else. My daughter has asked me (today alone) how many subs we have about 5 different times. Each answer feels like I am disappointing her, so I definitely want to work at this to make it better for us and our viewers. Once again thank you for your time AND the great advice! Really appreciate it!
No probs! All the toy channels on here are super friendly and very helpful, so ask away! You are right about going to the drawing board. If you want serious growth, you definitely need a comprehensive strategy across the board. Long long gone are the days of just shooting and uploading and getting views - unless you can get a shark to jump into your boat, or something as extravagant.