How long do you spend editing?

will_mcdaniel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I tend to take up to a week in total to edit videos, I make sketches so there's a lot of shots to chop up. Videos with special effects in tend to take me that much longer.

NathanB

Reaction score
So I started making a series in February called 'Project Monthly' and it's made me realise how important editing is. As much as I used to love editing (And still do), I never worked anywhere near as hard as I do now, and it usually takes me a good 6 hours or so to edit a 5 minute video. It's also made me think harder about how I shoot my videos, so then I can add more technique in my vlogging. I personally think this has improved the quality of my videos so much, and I've been told they look a lot better too.

So I was was just wondering how you all edit your videos, how long it takes you all and whether you ever film videos especially to be edited.

I don't know why but I spend way too long editing my videos. For me sometimes it's a minimum of 24 hours to edit a 4 minute video. Just did that and I'm bummed out because I know there are still a few things I need to do to the video. But it really depends on what type of video.

The New Travel Blog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Lately I've been shooting 2 minute videos in a series called 2 minute travels.

I'll often have well over an hour of footage for a location and I'll have to find a way to take the best and cut it into 2 minutes.

So it could take an hour just to choose the right footage, another hour to edit it properly and get the transitions right, and then 30 minutes to an hour to add captions, make it flow better, intro and outro, thumbnail pic and all that.

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
sometimes we literally edit for 16 hours. Depends what kind of video format we do that week. That's just editing though....

EricGamingHolic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For a gaming episode it usually takes me about 25-30 mins to have the final video ready for exporting. I gotta sync up both my voice and game audio tracks with the gameplay video. Adjust the audio levels. Cut out any parts where I take too long or am messing up too many times. Then rendering time usually takes about 10 minutes.

Joek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The videos I make are usually 30 seconds long, and they take me about 16 to 24 hours to edit. They take that long mainly because there is a lot or pre-rendering involved