How long did it take your channel to really kick off

LordKing

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hit my first kind of "boom" last week. I had been staggering around 50 to 51 subs for almost 7 months and now within the past few days I've started gaining again. I do not know what i changed to make this happen but I'm glad for it. I've gained like twenty subs in the past 3 or 4 days which is a lot for me.

Dang dude. 1k in a month is awesome!
Wow nice ![DOUBLEPOST=1489953777,1489953719][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really think you will get there fast.
Your videos are getting a good amount of views. I'm not 100% sure what you're doing to get views, but if you're not sharing them on other websites, it's very likely that someone else is... With only 41 subscribers, YouTube probably isn't promoting your content that much, but you're still getting a good amount of views for such a new channel. Seriously, keep up the good work. Whatever you are doing is working for you! :)
Haha yeah i'm not too sure tbh ! I posted a little bit on reddit and stuff, then few friends and things subbed too. So not all like new new subs haha. Ahwell gotta keep trying to grow :) Thanks man !!!!

Reactions: Therealkojr

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow nice ![DOUBLEPOST=1489953777,1489953719][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha yeah i'm not too sure tbh ! I posted a little bit on reddit and stuff, then few friends and things subbed too. So not all like new new subs haha. Ahwell gotta keep trying to grow :) Thanks man !!!!
That's the way to go. Reddit is awesome.
I don't do it for my channel, but buying upvotes on Reddit is a great way to get views on YouTube. It's against the ToS of Reddit, but YouTube doesn't have any rules regarding Reddit vote manipulation... I've done it for websites of mine to get traffic on them, so they're more desirable when I sell the sites, and I've instructed clients (who were willing to be a little shady) to do it for their YouTube videos and they've gotten anywhere from 10k-30k views per video when they spend $10-15 on Reddit upvotes...

I don't recommend it though, do it the real way - post to Reddit and if your content is good, they'll upvote it. That's what I do. Grats on the gains though. I was looking at your channel again, and I know you like FIFA. You should consider posting some TEAM1 vs TEAM2 FIFA matches when those two teams are playing. So if Chelsea is playing Liverpool in real life, post a Chelsea vs Liverpool FIFA game so you can get some free traffic from people seeing your video in suggested videos when they search for the IRL game highlights. It's a nice trick I like to do for sports games :)

LordKing

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's the way to go. Reddit is awesome.
I don't do it for my channel, but buying upvotes on Reddit is a great way to get views on YouTube. It's against the ToS of Reddit, but YouTube doesn't have any rules regarding Reddit vote manipulation... I've done it for websites of mine to get traffic on them, so they're more desirable when I sell the sites, and I've instructed clients (who were willing to be a little shady) to do it for their YouTube videos and they've gotten anywhere from 10k-30k views per video when they spend $10-15 on Reddit upvotes...

I don't recommend it though, do it the real way - post to Reddit and if your content is good, they'll upvote it. That's what I do. Grats on the gains though. I was looking at your channel again, and I know you like FIFA. You should consider posting some TEAM1 vs TEAM2 FIFA matches when those two teams are playing. So if Chelsea is playing Liverpool in real life, post a Chelsea vs Liverpool FIFA game so you can get some free traffic from people seeing your video in suggested videos when they search for the IRL game highlights. It's a nice trick I like to do for sports games :)
I really appreciate the help brother ! The reddit tip is good haha, lil dodgy but good :D and the FIFA one is golden ! i'll do that for sure ! Thank you.
Do you like fifa/football ?

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really appreciate the help brother ! The reddit tip is good haha, lil dodgy but good :D and the FIFA one is golden ! i'll do that for sure ! Thank you.
Do you like fifa/football ?
I'm not a huge fan of footy. I'm a rugby and American Football type of guy! Another thing you can do is talk about your predictions for the football match IRL while you play the FIFA game, then post video as like "England vs Scotland Football Predictions & FIFA Gameplay"

Vivian King

I've Got It
Reaction score
My channel hasn't really kicked off yet. But when put my video on a platform where it will get a lot of views, I see that people enjoy my content. So, that really keeps me going.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel started to take off after around 2 years.
End of year one 1k subs
End of year two 2k subs
End of year three projected 70k subs.

cluxie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
its been 2 years i still haven't passed the 1k mark :( Maybe I should consider posting clickbaity videos since the normals videos (that I put alot of effort into it) don't get me much relevancy

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think I had a semi boom this past week! Just as I was reaching the 50 sub mark (it's all relative:p). Hopefully this will gain momentum and propel me forward :) I think being consistent and using the correct SEO is key!

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I THOUGHT my channel had started to kick off in December when I got a really strong boost and had videos starting to be featured on the home screen. I was getting upwards of 40-50 subscribers per day, strong retention on my videos and lots of views. That has since completely tapered off and has basically gone back to what it was prior to that boost - still strong retention, but lower views and subs per day. Such a shame because for about 8 weeks I had a really nice growth pattern.