How long did it take your channel to really kick off

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It took me about a month to get to 1 thousand subscribers, kind of helped that I got shoutouts from people in FaZe clan lol
Yeah, most people don't get 1,000 subscribers that fast at all.
Is the FaZe clan the same one that competes in Overwatch?

Tac0cann0n

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I first started when I was in HS, but then stopped since I didn't really have the drive or ambition to do so. Two years later I'm back and creating content, and have gained around 30 subscribers, bringing me close to 100. They're fairly active, and I'm getting anywhere from 40 - 90 views per video now. I want to break 500 this year, but I think that's a little ambitious. We'll see when that real kick off happens if it ever does.

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I first started when I was in HS, but then stopped since I didn't really have the drive or ambition to do so. Two years later I'm back and creating content, and have gained around 30 subscribers, bringing me close to 100. They're fairly active, and I'm getting anywhere from 40 - 90 views per video now. I want to break 500 this year, but I think that's a little ambitious. We'll see when that real kick off happens if it ever does.
What type of content are you making? Let me know if you need help

LordKing

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We started our channel in January and I honestly didn't expect much from it. But my kids asking daily how many subscribers and views we had got me a bit more motivated so now I'm here trying to learn some more. We're hoping to reach 100 thousand views within the next few days and we get around 5 subs each day.
Wow, incredibly impressive ![DOUBLEPOST=1489946404,1489946374][/DOUBLEPOST]
It took me about a month to get to 1 thousand subscribers, kind of helped that I got shoutouts from people in FaZe clan lol
1k in 1 month hahaha wow, channel on steroids ![DOUBLEPOST=1489946488][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow thats awesome man ! i'm in a similar boat, trying to get to 100 subs, but if we keep working we should get there haha :D ... hopefully

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i'm in a similar boat, trying to get to 100 subs, but if we keep working we should get there haha :D ... hopefully
I really think you will get there fast.
Your videos are getting a good amount of views. I'm not 100% sure what you're doing to get views, but if you're not sharing them on other websites, it's very likely that someone else is... With only 41 subscribers, YouTube probably isn't promoting your content that much, but you're still getting a good amount of views for such a new channel. Seriously, keep up the good work. Whatever you are doing is working for you! :)

Tac0cann0n

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What type of content are you making? Let me know if you need help
I'm mostly making gaming related content as of right now, but I want to expand into more broad type content like reviews and stuff like that. When I get more popular (if I ever do) I'll be sure to broaden the type of content that I create

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm mostly making gaming related content as of right now, but I want to expand into more broad type content like reviews and stuff like that. When I get more popular (if I ever do) I'll be sure to broaden the type of content that I create
Nice, that's what I do too...Going to be posting more general gaming stuff in the future. It's hard though, all my subs came for World of Warcraft! I checked out your channel :)

I think you should change this in your About area:
"I am Tac0cann0n, otherwise known as the low quality memelord of this side of the Internet."
That's not the best intro...You're telling them you are an LQ memelord... lol, change that to something like "the high quality memelord" or something.

Great job on your Pokemon videos 2 years ago. Hopefully you can hit thousands of views on some of your upcoming videos too!

Tac0cann0n

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice, that's what I do too...Going to be posting more general gaming stuff in the future. It's hard though, all my subs came for World of Warcraft! I checked out your channel :)

I think you should change this in your About area:
"I am Tac0cann0n, otherwise known as the low quality memelord of this side of the Internet."
That's not the best intro...You're telling them you are an LQ memelord... lol, change that to something like "the high quality memelord" or something.

Great job on your Pokemon videos 2 years ago. Hopefully you can hit thousands of views on some of your upcoming videos too!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to tweak that soon!

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hit my first kind of "boom" last week. I had been staggering around 50 to 51 subs for almost 7 months and now within the past few days I've started gaining again. I do not know what i changed to make this happen but I'm glad for it. I've gained like twenty subs in the past 3 or 4 days which is a lot for me.

Dang dude. 1k in a month is awesome!

CyHy-Crucify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, most people don't get 1,000 subscribers that fast at all.
Is the FaZe clan the same one that competes in Overwatch?
It was FaZe Rain and FaZe Apex that gave me shoutouts, from when I was trying to get into the Cod community (bad decision haha) I used to make these videos where I would take parts of Donald Trump's speeches and cut them up to make him 'roast' youtubers and they both made videos about them :)