How long did it take you to reach 100 subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I /think/ about 5 months, maximum. That being said, my actual milestone video was hella delayed because I was in Paris, so it may have been a little bit sooner than that!
Dude Paris! How was it? Also 5 months is not bad! I know people with way longer times than that so congrats!

Reactions: darkstarmedia

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Dude Paris! How was it? Also 5 months is not bad! I know people with way longer times than that so congrats!
Thank you, I've had this channel just over a year now and I'm approaching 700 so I'm really happy with how the last few months have treated me.
And Paris was incredible! It's a beautiful city and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

NervousLatte

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It took me a month to hit 100 subs! All I did was participate in this forum and others though, I never really advertised my channel. Communicate with people a lot, offer advice when it's asked, seek it when you need it, and the subs will come :D

...or you could make an awesomeuly funny viral video to spiral your subs into space, but I'm not that creative.

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It took me about a year, it's important to be patient with these things and not to focus too much on the numbers, enjoy what you're doing!

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other
I have been sitting at 80 for about a week anyone have networking or advertising tips to get myself out there

hcetiny

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It took me five months to reach 100 subscribers. Another month to reach 200, and another to reach 300.

In the beginning, the few subscribers were mostly family and close friends. I tried to email all my friends, sent every parent I know Facebook messages about my channel. This was not very effective. Most people didn't even open the emails (I use MailChimp email service). Most of so-called Facebook friends didn't even reply to my message. I forced some colleagues to subscribe to my channel when they took out their smartphones.

I never did Sub4Sub or bought subscribers via Fiverr.

All of this bought around 25 subscribers in 1.5 months. So, I decided to pursue an alternative way.

I do educational videos for children, mainly about animals. So, the content is very "searchable". I try to do lots of research before posting regarding SEO (proper titles, tags, matching description). I also make attractive thumbnails in comparison to my competitors.

I post every video in various Facebook groups (parent groups, animal lovers groups, etc.). I do the same for Google+ communities. I tweet about my video. My channel has a Facebook page, where I post my videos as well, and share via my personal account. I recently made a Pinterest Page, Instagram page and even a musical.ly page (tip from Gary Vaynerchuk). I'm not using these very efficiently yet, though. Facebook is the primary source of traffic.

I tried Reddit a few times, which brought some traffic. I wasn't cooked there, so I'm happy about this.

With all these actions, my views started to grow. I have around 2500 views/day at the moment. The subscribers have grown proportionally.

It seems that patience and consistency are keys to increasing subscribers. I have 11 videos by now and a few more are in production. My biggest challenge is to make videos faster. My goal is two videos per week. I work as well with a creative friend to improve my channel art. Tim Schmoyer puts lots of emphasis on channel design to get more subscribers. For example, I still don't have a channel teaser. There is still some work to do.

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My first video was uploaded on May 2, and as of today I have 86 subs, I think its entirely possible to get 100 in 3-4 months with social media interaction.

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
It took me a year, at first I wasn't very consistent, but now that I also make tutorials every week, I see that it definitly goes faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.