How long did it take you to reach 100 subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyVlogsTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just started my channel 5 days ago and at the moment I already have 127 subscribers with only 2 video's.
The 100 subscribers took my 2 days, it was really fast.
Wow!!

How did you get 100 subscribers soo fast?? Tell us please haha! :)

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Wow!!

How did you get 100 subscribers soo fast?? Tell us please haha! :)
Actually, I just shared my channel on my social media (I shared my chanel trailer) and people really liked it :)
So they all shared it and that's how I got 100 subs so fast

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Where did you advertise/promote your YouTube channel?? I really would like to know for when I start uploading videos on my new channel, Give me some tips man!?
Yeah sure! I mainly used a lot of Twitter. I used it to find channels with similar vibes to mine and reached out to them. I didn't just ask them to look at my stuff I always looked at their stuff first and if I liked it I told them about it. On the sly mention I do videos too and they would check me out as well. Usually, this way you actually build a community (I am very good friends with about 80% of the channels I did this with) and it minimises the sub4sub stuff that happens a lot in Twitter. I also found a few Facebook groups that were helpful. After a while with them I got promoted to admin for being active. You don't need to be admin for this to work but being an active member on the groups is a must. People are more likely to look at your stuff if you are being a nice person.

After this I also found a few Google+ groups. Yes Google+ can be a link dropping hell but you can find quite a few groups that are really good and will give you a lot of feedback. Doing this, I also did a few vlogs in the beginning to humanise myself a bit to the audience, you always want them to view you as a person, not as a random mouthpiece. I did a few fan appreciation videos like at 50 and 100 subscribers. The fans love to know you care about them and they will tell others. I also got hammered for them (on their request) and played a game they wanted to see on my 200th subscriber count.

I also actually had a lot of help. I was lucky, I was extremely lucky. I had a lovely channel reach out to me because they liked the cut of my jib and helped me advertise on their stuff as well. It was extremely sweet of him. If you manage to find someone like that seriously give them everything you can in exchange. I don't know how many of my fans are from him but I imagine it would at least be a few.

Lastly, I think it helps that I have a bit of a gimmick. I do gaming but I do it different (How many times has that been said haha) My channel name had a lot of thought put into it and I live up to the name. I actually wear armour in my videos. Proper steel armour. I figured "If I am going to be Video Game Knight I may as well be a legitimate knight". Gimmicks are great, especially if you are doing a market that is currently rather saturated (gaming). I know I have gotten a few shoutouts from other channels for the armour alone haha.

Lastly, I try to do different games than what everyone else is doing. I absolutely love the indie market for this as well as using RPG Maker games a lot. It helps and you can drag in subscribers from all sorts of game preferences. I know a lot of my fans because we talk off of YouTube and they range from Shooter lovers to Indie exclusives to non-gamers even. I do admire channels that can stick with one game and get awesome fanbases but I do not have the skills for that so I try to be diverse and play games that have interesting stories. A lot of people love being told a good story so I try to pick some games that I feel will be awesome storywise. I don't always succeed in doing so but I think I manage it more often than not

Reactions: Loki Doki

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Uhm 1 month for like 39 subscribers :( Gotta keep making content though and hopefully start snow balling!

Reactions: Video Game Knight

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Uhm 1 month for like 39 subscribers :( Gotta keep making content though and hopefully start snow balling!
Well... I see you do gaming... I like this. And varied gaming! I like this too. I may lurk around your channel for a bit

Reactions: iMSaiyan

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hahaha yes go right ahead my friend! Don't browse the horror section unless you like seeing men scream.
Horror is my favourite genre! And I always love watching someone else scream at the terrifying games haha

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Please hahaha. Glad you enjoyed it though. I'm still trying to break outta my shell somehow! YT is a harsh world and an endless road >_<
It really is though. But if you join the right groups there are a lot of friendly people who are willing to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.