How long did it take "you" to get the subs rolling in?

Ghost OOKami

Hard Drive
I've been making videos for a month-ish now, have 85 videos uploaded (not all are out some are schedualed). And i was wondering how long it took you guys to get a decent amount of subscribers.

When i started a month ago i kept the idea in my mind that it will be 6months-1 year before i really got anything substantial. I figured it would take at least 6 months+ to get over 500 subs.

So here I am chuggin along making more videos in the hopes that one day my channel starts to grow. My idea was, with proper dedication, i should be able to get a least a small following.

im still trying to find out the rules of this forum before i go on posting vids ect. i did the initial post about my channel but its now off the front page and i dont know the rules on bumping sooooo yea. I had thought about reddit and i probably will go there later on.

I started up on youtube again on Christmas. Went from 16-63. So, it took me around 3 weeks to get these subs! o-o

Im having a hard time promoting my videos, a lot of the guides say to start with your friends....The problem with getting my friends involved is im not one of those facebook people who have 5000 frients, i think i have like...20 lol. and only about 8-10 are close friends...soooo its a bit difficult. Im off to a slow start, but at least its a start.

It took nearly two years of posting videos every day to get to 10k subs for us. Things really didn't take off until we got around the 15k mark.

My old channel that reached 632 subs started to get rolling when I joined a gaming clan that had over 4K subs...so that's the main reason why I got mine so fast. It kinda started when my first big hit video came out that got 2000 views and when I got around 150 subscribers they started to roll in steadily

Your guessed timeline seems pretty good to me. I'm on track to pass 500 subs right around the 6-month mark, and I expect things will continue the gradual acceleration I've seen so far. Doing promotion is really needed at the beginning since you need to get initial fans from somewhere!

Back