How long did it take for you to hit 1,000 subscribers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
Uh oh, old thread alert ;) But it was really interesting to read the old posts and see where the people are now.

Reactions: LemonLorraine

FAM0X

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i agree with u about the niche but i also think we shouldnt force ourselves to do something we dont fully like. main part is doing it for fun. for instance i do a lets play series on dont starve. there i dont even speak that much as i m really playing for me more than for the audience. maybe playing minecraft would bring me more subs but i prefer playing "my games".

to summarize: rule #1 - do it for fun! :)
this is true as well, though I'm lucky that my niche is also "my game" lol. I will say that I dont necessarily "do it for fun", however I "have fun with it"... Some people say that doing youtube for numbers is wrong, but for me seeing the numbers go up is the fun part. I like seeing my work return higher numbers. I play games and post it on YouTube, but really YouTube is the game. I like getting more views, subscribers, and likes progressively... Its the ultimate sensation of "leveling up"... Though thats just me. Also the money I get every month is a good motivator. Its exactly like an MMORPG:
- I "grind" (research, record, edit, advertise, network)
- Grinding levels up my character (subs, followers, views, likes)
- then at the end of the month I beat the boss and collect the loot (getting payed)

However unlike conventional MMORPG games... YouTube has no level cap :D

anyways... thats just my take on YouTube :happy:

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been really interested for the past few days to see how long it took people to get to 1,000 subs. For some there was a video that went viral, for others it took them a couple of years, and then for others it took them less than a couple of months. For gaming channels this has really made me wonder since I'm a gaming channel and it can be really hard to get noticed if you don't have the latest game or the latest console.

Is anyone here over 1,000 subscribers and if so how long did it take you and what was your gateway (popular) video? Did networking help you a lot or sharing your videos on random websites?
My channel is about 8 years old and I still only have under 500 subs.

LemonLorraine

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer
Hopefully I will cross 1,000 by the end of the year. *crosses fingers*

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I signed up in 2006 but didn't really start making videos until 2009. I didn't hit 1,000 subs until October, 2011

BubsDay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Im reading the comments and it seems that it takes about a year.. I'm not there yet by a long shot but Its nice to know because i thought it would take a lot longer. I guess as long as you stay at a steady pace with videos and you put out decent content you'll make it there. Obviously some faster than others :)

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Years. Even our viral video took a year to really take off. And that video accounts for less than 8% of our total subs. Wreckless Eating is right, consistent quality content is what gets you the subs.

Reactions: PinProject
Status
Not open for further replies.