How long did it take for you to hit 1,000 subscribers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
like a lot of months promoting my a** everywhere lool XD I started youtube on 2009 and being active this pass January 19 soooooo it took me till... summer to reach 1,000 subs

SnowOnyx

I'm so chill it's spooky.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
like a lot of months promoting my a** everywhere lool XD I started youtube on 2009 and being active this pass January 19 soooooo it took me till... summer to reach 1,000 subs
XD what sites did you promote yourself on if you don't mind me asking. Pokemon and Zelda related forums?

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
A little under a month.

Last edited:

MetaGameRus

Reaction score
It took about 6 month to get 1000 subs, but then something changed and i've reached 45 000 subs in less then 3 month after that. I've got my best viral video only about a month ago, now it has 330k views! At the start i was promoting through all major gaming forums to get some noticable increasement, but later since october 16th i've offered to make videos together with 400k subs channel and because i had a new and interesting idea and was making videos for that channel i've got some promotion. Now i'm getting 500-1000 subs per day and its awesome! It was an unbelievable number back then! Social blade predicts 100k subs at the begining of february it still seems a bit unreal, but i'll try to keep this amount of growth

Last edited:

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
XD what sites did you promote yourself on if you don't mind me asking. Pokemon and Zelda related forums?
I went to the facebook pages and also on twitter i # them and @ them lol. Also I promoted on other forums, facebook page, both of my facebook, twitter like i mention, empire avenue, reddit ( I don't even know how that helped lol) stumbleupon, pinterest, live journal, deviantart @_@ I don't know almost everywhere but it was kinda hard XD now I try to promote myself around my college since they are a lot of people who like gaming and well let's see how it goes I been stuck in what I have now

Reactions: SnowOnyx

TRS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
bringing back this topic as I find it interesting :)
I have a gaming channel and I started uploading videos seriously as of last december/january and after 9 months I am at around 250 subscribers :) I think it will take a while to reach 1000 subs :)
Anyway still a lot of fun!

FAM0X

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, I'm a fellow gaming channel and it took me about 4 months to hit 1,000. The key was that I stuck with my niche and brought very unique videos to the NHL gaming community. I did have some large videos (100k views) but I dont think they shot my subscriber base up as much as I thought they would. My advice is to just stick to it and do something different... that means no LP's lol.

TRS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, I'm a fellow gaming channel and it took me about 4 months to hit 1,000. The key was that I stuck with my niche and brought very unique videos to the NHL gaming community. I did have some large videos (100k views) but I dont think they shot my subscriber base up as much as I thought they would. My advice is to just stick to it and do something different... that means no LP's lol.
i agree with u about the niche but i also think we shouldnt force ourselves to do something we dont fully like. main part is doing it for fun. for instance i do a lets play series on dont starve. there i dont even speak that much as i m really playing for me more than for the audience. maybe playing minecraft would bring me more subs but i prefer playing "my games".

to summarize: rule #1 - do it for fun! :)

stucrompton

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i started in august and im on 228 but feel like its goner take so long to get to 1000 its such a slow journey but patience i key and i think its making quality content not quantity.

Madeline

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is in no way gaming related, but I thought I'd chime in with an answer. It took me a little over a year to get to 1k. It is tough getting your channel out there when the community is so saturated with similar videos.

Reactions: stucrompton
Status
Not open for further replies.