How long before you hit 1,000 subscribers? (no longer updated!)

How can I hit 1000 subs quicker?

• Make higher quality vids

• Interact more

• Make more vids, quantity is better than quality!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have passed 1000 subs, but it was a long journey. I uploaded my first video in December 2012. But back then I didn't upload to grow or anything, I uploaded videos for a group of friends without any intention of other people watching the videos. I uploaded my first "public" video not just intended for my friends 30 October 2015. According to social blade I had 20 subs early December the same year (as far back as social blade goes for my channel). From that point it took me about 2.5 years to reach 1000 subs.

Back then I was a lot less serious about YouTube. I didn't use thumbnails until mid 2016 and when I started using thumbnails they where pretty crappy. All the way up to pretty late into 2018 I used to take long breaks from content creating where I didn't post a video for months.

Late 2017 I started to get a bit more serious about YouTube, trying to get better thumbnails, reading up on stuff, seo, titles, tags descriptions and from late 2018 I have been creating content pretty constant without longer breaks (had a 3 weeks break at the most) and It has had a good effect on my channel. I'm still a small channel, but while 0 - 1000 took me 2.5 years, 1000 - 2000 only took me about 9 months. Going to be intersting to see how long 2000 - 3000 will take me, hopefully I can keep on improving and reaching that even quicker.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Been at it for a year and 9 months and just finally reached the 240 subs :p I've been quite consistent (with a small hiatus of a couple of months) , but I'm also in a difficult niche (travel vlogging is hard xD). Don't be too focused on the numbers though. Make videos for your own reasons and just enjoy the process :)

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it took me at least 3 years if not longer but it's been awhile so I don't remember all the specifics. just enjoy the creative process and go from there.

GearGasms

Reaction score
I suddenly feel better. I've gone from 72 to 775 subs in 9 months. And I think the guitar niche is pretty small, viewer wise

kevintracy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Been at it for a year and 9 months and just finally reached the 240 subs :p I've been quite consistent (with a small hiatus of a couple of months) , but I'm also in a difficult niche (travel vlogging is hard xD). Don't be too focused on the numbers though. Make videos for your own reasons and just enjoy the process :)
What she said.

I've been at it for about 5 months and just cracked 100 subs. I've been posting 2 videos a week for 3 months and my only and longest hiatus has been a week and a half. The only numbers I really watch with interest are the total views, watch time, impressions, and click through rate on those impressions. And I don't live or die by those numbers, it's just to make sure that my channel is moving in the right direction, my thumbnails are working, and that I haven't upset the YouTube logarithm.

SheliaFit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started. Then I stopped. Then I started again. Then I slowed down. I changed my focus. Then I changed my focus again!!!! I'm at 277!! That first 100 was hard though!!