How long are videos under review for monetization!?!?

migillicuty420a

Reaction score
Hey I have noticed that every other video I upload gets put under review for monetization and it stays that way. Unfortunately these are also the videos getting the most views on my channel which means Im losing money! I have tried the trick where you un-monetize it then re-monetize it and that does not work. Is youtube running out of money to distribute to all its loyal clients videos and rather than decline monetization they just review it indefinitely?!?

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No, YouTube suspects that there is some content in your video and that it needs to check it. So, it is put in a queue for some underpaid person somewhere to look through it to see if it can be monetized or not. Unfortunatly for you, most of the time when this happens, YouTube get back to you and you cannot monetize your videos.

Also, it can take a while for YouTube to get back to you. We had to wait a month for one of our videos.

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The longest it is under review should be 24 hours. If it is longer check to see if it hasn't been rejected.

iSoCoooL

Entertaining The Masses
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I believe I can be of some help. This happened to me on this video

Yeah yeah shameless promotion, I know.

Anyway I monetised, unmonesited, re-monetised I done everything and it still just said under review.

So what I did was I looked at it from a computers perspective and what could give up some flags. I ended up changing my title to taking out Bieber and also removed all tags refrencing Bieber and re-monetised, and it worked straight away. Then I added it all back in.

Hope I helped!

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Comedian
the video i have in my signature is still under review. It's been that way for 4 days. I assumed that it was because they thought the music was copyrighted, but I sent them proof that it wasn't. But it's still under review ...

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
when my videos are under review for a long time, it gets rejected. when my videos are accepted, theyre under review for a few minutes and then accepted. but when i see its under review for a long time, like hours, i just figure itll get rejected, and when i eventually check, im right, it was. it sucks.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When you upload a video, upload it as private. Then, monetize it. If it doesn't work within an hour, delete the video and reupload it, once again as private. Keep doing this, it should work eventually.

walidcity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually, this depends on what your video is about.
If the video is short OR has simple acting or vlogging, it should get monetized easily within minutes.
If not, then YouTube is not sure whether you own the whole video, but otherwise, you can upload it a second time to check for any differences.

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel your pain, my past 3 videos are under review. :/

Ishan Sardar

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have monetised 250+ vids and from my experience I cud say if your video does not get monetised under a day, I'm afraid its not gonna get monetised. It happened to me a lot of time, they send you an email asking for more information, if you provide enough and accurate information then your videos goes under review again and then monetised in a day but if that doesn't happen then that means your video will stay under review for ever and maybe as an exception the monetisation icon will disappear from your video.

PS: Maybe it just me but that's what happened to me and a lot of people as well. Hope that helps.