How Is Your Schedule Like?

The Mach Project

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Do you brainstorm on a certain day, work on it on a certain day, prepare for it on a certain day, shoot on a certain day, edit on a certain day?

Or is it random spike?

How do you work on your content?

What kind of content do you make?
There's 5 kinds of content I'm making, although only 3 kinds have been published so far:
Short skits, vlogs, and a story series about my life as an athlete
Slowly working on the other 2 kinds, which are music videos and thought of the week videos (kinda like philosophy, but with dancing sprinkled around to keep the video interesting)

My schedule is very structured, but it's hectic to stick with it.

Saturdays and Sundays:
the days I upload and publish my 2 videos for the week. While that's happening, I'm scripting for next week's episodes.

Mondays:
begin filming early in the morning (no preparation done - just filming and hoping for the best), work for the day, then film again at night

Tuesdays:
continue filming, work for the day, edit everything so far at night

Wednesdays:
hopefully finish filming, work for the day, edit again at night

Thursdays:
if there's any filming left, it has to be finished by today, work for the day, edit at night

Fridays:
finish editing, work for the day, then finish off my night by watching the episodes a hundred times or so (j/k)

Rinse and repeat, lol!

Reactions: JoycelynsLife
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With it being summer its even harder to put together videos when you don't have much free time!

I have two kid channels, I try to film most videos for the week in one/two days. Monday and Tuesday, usually. Then I use the rest of the week to edit and upload. I would like to edit all my videos in one day, but that will have to be once they are in school :) We do videos every other day on our main channel and twice a week on the other.

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually post once a day, Monday through Friday. I'm aiming to work that up to 7 days a week. My channel is still new (I just hit 28 days yesterday), so I'm still doing best-time-to-post research on it.

I'm a gaming channel, so getting videos together so far hasn't been that difficult. I can usually record, edit and upload the five videos for the week within a weekend. So far, I've just been doing Lets Plays, but as my channel grows, I'd like to branch that out into more diverse, game-related content.

I tend to brainstorm and network all week long, on and off throughout the day.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My schedule is upload on Wednesday and Saturday. I plan one vid, monday, record/edit tuesday, upload wed. I repeat those steps for the next three days and upload sat. I am currently changing how I do these to be able to gain more free time. I will plan two vids a week in advance then record/edit on the weekend, then upload the two videos the following week. Hopefully it works out!

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I find the music i'm going to upload and schedule the videos on my weekends. I upload 3x a week, mon, wed, and fri.

Every weekend i try to upload 6 videos, putting me 1 week ahead in uploads every week. Right now i have about 2 months of uploads already scheduled in my pipeline.

if i'm not feeling it one weekend or simply dont have time, it's not a big deal because my videos are already setup and ready to go. regardless i try to make sure i upload AT LEAST 3 vids every weekend.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a fitness/health vlogger and I usually film and edit on one day. Sometimes I like to batch my videos if I have time to make multiple videos on the same day. I like to upload and fill out tags and meta description a few days before I plan to publish it live.

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I was initially getting up a little early for work to read, exercise, and journal. Those journal entries would basically become the script for my videos.

Then I realized that's probably not the best way to get good search engine rankings. Now I research topics with a combination of YouTube, Google AdWords, and TubeBuddy.

I made my own script template and use that to work up an outline for the video and then I pretty much just talk about whatever comes to mind when the camera starts.

I film on the weekend and usually at night because it's cooler in the room where I have everything setup. I'm trying to get to the point where I'm batching videos, but I'm not there yet.

What was the question? LOL

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually film both my videos on the weekend. And I will upload one time on Monday and once on Friday. This gives me a few days in between to promote and edit, especially, if I get a few weeks ahead.

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My schedule usually goes: Oh no... I'm down to 3 videos left... that's 3 weeks I can wait to make more but... I'm gonna make like 2 or 3 more by the end of this week xD

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I just randomly come up with ideas, which I later plan out in a google doc. I plan which video to film sometimes a few days ahead or a couple weeks ahead in a planner. Then we film on Monday, which I then edit the rest of the week, which gets posted the following Monday.

Claire