How Is This Channel Allowed?

Aster LD

Reaction score
Basically, this channel called 'ViperIncarnate' has videos which completely contain property from an organization called the WWE and as you can see from his videos, he is blatantly trying to avoid copyright by the way he formats it.

He told a friend of mine he makes £3000 a month on these videos and I just do not understand how? All his videos contain copyrighted footage yet he makes a complete living off this.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You answered your own question, he formats in a way to avoid copyright. He'll get taken down eventually, best just to not spend any time looking at or thinking about it.

Reactions: Shakycow

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
A lot of channels are like his, compilation channels. There are like 10,000's of soccer compilation channels alone. He formats it that way because most copyright is auto-detected, only way his channel would be taken down is if the WWE wants it to be taken down. They either have not noticed his channel, monetize his videos, or they don't care.

Aster LD

Reaction score
You answered your own question, he formats in a way to avoid copyright. He'll get taken down eventually, best just to not spend any time looking at or thinking about it.
A lot of channels are like his, compilation channels. There are like 10,000's of soccer compilation channels alone. He formats it that way because most copyright is auto-detected, only way his channel would be taken down is if the WWE wants it to be taken down. They either have not noticed his channel, monetize his videos, or they don't care.
What bothers me so much right now is that even if he does get taken down in a few months, what about the 6 digit figures he has already made on this copyrighted content? Thanks for the replies.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
What bothers me so much right now is that even if he does get taken down in a few months, what about the 6 digit figures he has already made on this copyrighted content? Thanks for the replies.
Send an email to HHH. See what happens

termi21

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well... It seems that channel got caught now... (but not banned)

Since the beginning of March actually.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What bothers me so much right now is that even if he does get taken down in a few months, what about the 6 digit figures he has already made on this copyrighted content?
Think about that for a moment. If HE made six figures off those videos, YouTube made more! YouTube has skin in the game, too. Don't think they don't turn a blind eye if this stuff is making them money and the copyright holder isn't screaming. Yet.

Reactions: Crown

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Think about that for a moment. If HE made six figures off those videos, YouTube made more! YouTube has skin in the game, too. Don't think they don't turn a blind eye if this stuff is making them money and the copyright holder isn't screaming. Yet.
Yeah i strongly agree. Video content providers like YouTube think that everyone has to protect his rights by himself. I faced a similar issue from dailymotion website. i found about 5 channels in dailymotion uploading my YouTube content and they already made money out of them until i recently contacted DM. However, they only removed those videos without making any legal action against the contraventions. i think as long as, they both gaining money, the content owner's right has to be contacted by the owner himself.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wonder what percentage of videos on YouTube do contain some amount of copyright material. I would guess up to 50%?
I get my videos copied regularly but I dont complain. I just comment on the video congratulating them of the great content.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wonder what percentage of videos on YouTube do contain some amount of copyright material. I would guess up to 50%?
I get my videos copied regularly but I dont complain. I just comment on the video congratulating them of the great content.
lol, I do the same. Ever get people commenting on their videos saying they stole them from you or they should give you credit?