How is the Coronavirus affecting your channel? Let's Compare notes!

TheClayWay

Reaction score
Over the last two weeks my YouTube Channel has lost 40% of its monthly income and has decreased subscribers about 400 a month and still dropping plus my views are down by about 80,000 a month I normally get pretty close to 500,000 views.
My channel is automotive repair related.

i’m assuming that all of this is happening because of the coronavirus /Covid-19 is this happening to you?

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Views are up, almost 4x more in March than in January/February, but I see unusually low CTRs last 2 weeks, dropping below 1% at times. Not sure if that's because YT algo is shoveling impressions at my channel or if people are collectively watching just COVID and other news videos, ignoring everything else.

Could be both. I'll see what's up in April, I'll upload several videos that I think have viral potential, if they flop, well, I guess it's back to good old YT search traffic again.

Reactions: TheClayWay

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Over the last two weeks my YouTube Channel has lost 40% of its monthly income and has decreased subscribers about 400 a month and still dropping plus my views are down by about 80,000 a month I normally get pretty close to 500,000 views.
My channel is automotive repair related.

i’m assuming that all of this is happening because of the coronavirus /Covid-19 is this happening to you?

Hi

I've merged your thread with this existing thread on same topic. :)

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not too worried with the coronavirus it hasn't really affected my channel though I am still new with low views. I just minded my own business however I have notice that if you mention or talk about the coronavirus on youtube I guess youtube takes it down or something.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
kids content only makes 100 bucks per mil of views thanks to virus and ftc f ers

Rebecca Stout

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Woa, my last few videos dropped as much as 28% in views! Wouldn't the views be skyrocketing on any new vids on successful channels because people are at home?? (I have 130,000 subs).
Any guesses as to what's up? Anyone experiencing the same?
I'm absolutely stunned. Hope peeps chime in.

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
My views increase a little. The ctr of the video is still a factor though. Have you dive in the analytics?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Woa, my last few videos dropped as much as 28% in views! Wouldn't the views be skyrocketing on any new vids on successful channels because people are at home?? (I have 130,000 subs).
Any guesses as to what's up? Anyone experiencing the same?
I'm absolutely stunned. Hope peeps chime in.

I've merged your thread with this existing thread discussing effects of lockdown on channels. :)