How important are analytics?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey y’all! I’m just wondering, if we don’t track our analytics, we won’t see much results right? How important is it to constantly track what’s working and what isn’t. I’m not a numbers person but I’m trying to be because even with my businesses, it’s important when it comes to advertising and conversions. I’m just wondering if on YouTube it’s as significant.

CallmeMoses

Reaction score
Not to alarm you but it's very important to keep an eye on your analytics because it provides a better understanding of who is watching your video. If you know who is watching, you can make more targeted content which will increase your viewership. You don't have to be vigorously hovering in your analytics tab every hour of the day lol but if you see a video on your channel doing better than the others, go check the analytics to see who is watching, how they found your content (search, suggestions, homepage, etc.) and retrace the steps you took making the video to try and identify why the video is so popular. Or if the opposite happens, and you aren't getting any views try and what's different. It's just a tool, and tools make your life easier. You can choose to ignore it, but even if you passively try and understand the information it gives you, you'll be better off.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Most creators also find that their views consistently peak at certain times of the day and ebb at others. If you figure out from your analytics what times of the day your views start to increase it is recommended that this is the best time to post your videos...so that they benefit from the rising tide so to speak.

As @CallmeMoses said, Analytics can be a very useful tool to understand...but you should avoid becoming a slave to it by constantly worrying about how your stats are doing.

Reactions: Jennifer Kassir

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Of course analytics in YouTube is very important. But it is necessary, at least in general terms, to have an idea of how everything is arranged, in order to understand what you need to look at and check which figures to focus on, how to improve certain indicators and many more nuances. But I am convinced that without analytics it is very difficult to achieve positive results.

hahakids

Reaction score
Most creators also find that their views consistently peak at certain times of the day and ebb at others. If you figure out from your analytics what times of the day your views start to increase it is recommended that this is the best time to post your videos...so that they benefit from the rising tide so to speak.
Just curious, what is the best way to find our traffic/views on an hourly basis on Youtube Analytics? Or should we be using TubeBuddy or another extension. I've been hitting my head on the wall trying to find how to break down Youtube Analytic data into hourly views so I can streamline my upload times and days...

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Analytics is everything to grow... when I changed my strategy and paid attention to those graphs and numbers,,, I went from 300 subs to 2800 subs in a month

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Analytics is everything to grow... when I changed my strategy and paid attention to those graphs and numbers,,, I went from 300 subs to 2800 subs in a month
My problem is, I look at the graphs and I don't know what they're telling me. Some are quite obvious, like audience retention. If that always drops of after 10 or 30 seconds, your intro is probably too long, etc. But a lot of the info doesn't give me a definite course of action. For example, my last video only has 30 views so far. I've tried optimizing the keywords, but I just don't know what course of action to take. I can look at graphs all I want, but it still doesn't explain to me what I need to do differently.

Ivana Kinsley

Reaction score
Website
www.morkieflash.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
In my personal experience analytics was just so much important for your and your business. if you can't find out the correct analytics data, then you can't understand how is your business perfom and what is the next step. Customer or viewers like or not your business product or service or what they want from you. So, you must be regular follow analytics and choose the rigtht way.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
My problem is, I look at the graphs and I don't know what they're telling me. Some are quite obvious, like audience retention. If that always drops of after 10 or 30 seconds, your intro is probably too long, etc. But a lot of the info doesn't give me a definite course of action. For example, my last video only has 30 views so far. I've tried optimizing the keywords, but I just don't know what course of action to take. I can look at graphs all I want, but it still doesn't explain to me what I need to do differently.
You need to find your niche and start sharing videos (I think your channel is too broad so it will take a while to find it) in places like Discord, the last video is a good idea,, might be the answer if you have a lot of tips and tricks. You analyse your channel every 3 months to see what did better and make more videos about that. For example your video with like 6k views is something you can do fo every country you visit

Don't get discouraged by a new series (you need to test it for a least 3-6 months),,, my first episodes were really slow but my MythBusters series became the best thing that happened to my channel. If you think there's potential... go for it

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad