How I went from $0 to $10,000/month on YouTube in only 6 months

Singing

I've Got It
Reaction score
Do you ever get requests where a company does not want to paying anything to use your videos? They view it as if they are just helping you with promotion.

Tim Schmoyer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Do you ever get requests where a company does not want to paying anything to use your videos? They view it as if they are just helping you with promotion.
I haven't had a request like that, no, but if I did, I'd politely tell them no thanks.

TheFreshBiz

FreshTechTV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am trying to think of the service I offer it isn't as straight forward as helping people achieve something. I have most fun doing music videos. But I also upload tech, movie reviews and gaming videos. My reviews may provide a service to viewers by offering my opinion of a movie or product. Idk this definitely requires some more thought

Tim Schmoyer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I am trying to think of the service I offer it isn't as straight forward as helping people achieve something. I have most fun doing music videos. But I also upload tech, movie reviews and gaming videos. My reviews may provide a service to viewers by offering my opinion of a movie or product. Idk this definitely requires some more thought
Hope you come up with something that works for you!

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
If any of you guys bought Tim's book (30 days to a better YouTube channel), we made a closed Google+ community where we can discuss our progress on all of the chapters and ask questions where we need to. This way we don't give away any of the content of the book to people who didn't buy it (out of respect for Tim). The community isn't that big yet, but any second opinion I find very usefull!

If you would like to join just send me a message. And yes, I will check if you actually bought the book ;)

Mr Kerbibble

A couple of nerds. A nerd couple, if you will.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
7. Affiliates
Often I'll talk about a product or service that I find valuable and will recommend it in a video. When possible, I'll use an affiliate link for viewers to find the product on Amazon or another site. If a viewer clicks my link and buys the product, I get a certain percentage of that sale. Almost any creator who talks about products that are available for purchase online can take advantage of this revenue stream.

8. Patreon
I started a Patreon page a while back as a place for viewers to help support my channel financially in exchange for some bonus perks, like a live monthly hangout and news updates that don't make it into my Tuesday YouTube news videos. In all honesty, I've learned that it doesn't really allow me to offer the kind of value I want to offer to people who are paying a monthly fee, so I'll be transitioning it to my next idea soon.
First off, thanks Tim! (great name btw lol) Your videos have really helped me!

I'm curious about a few things though.

Affiliates is actually a problem for us as we are based in Minnesota, and the tax laws are very against doing this, so that kinda sucks. Wish we could do it though!

Patreon I'm not really sure how we would do this as we are just a Daily Vlogging channel for the most part. We do specialty videos involving the conventions we attend, but I'm not certain how it would apply. Unless you are aware of how a Daily Vlogging channel would do this, or even if they should do it at all?

Tim Schmoyer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Patreon I'm not really sure how we would do this as we are just a Daily Vlogging channel for the most part. We do specialty videos involving the conventions we attend, but I'm not certain how it would apply. Unless you are aware of how a Daily Vlogging channel would do this, or even if they should do it at all?
I guess I don't see how it doesn't apply. You're simply asking them to support you. You could do it without offering any perks at all and still be in the spirit of the thing.