How I went from $0 to $10,000/month on YouTube in only 6 months

HeatherWells

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have been struggling as to whether I want to do Patreon or not. I just created an account, created the rewards. I haven't mentioned it on my channel yet, and am not sure how my audience would take it. In a way I think it could be a cool tool. About a third of my audience is under age though..

I will make a couple of videos for my channel, and some private ones for Patreon.. So there is at least content before I announce I will do it.

RoyalTrooper

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely going to have to review this a couple times while I start out.

SuperSurpriseFun

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for taking the time to share these concise and effective tips. I'm a huge fan of your channel!

Irahs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks so much!! Excited to learn as much as I can

Singing

I've Got It
Reaction score
6. Licensing
This is an unexpected revenue stream for me. I didn't go out looking for it. I just happen to have videos of my kids doing cute things on my family's vlogging channel and brands and agencies find it when researching clips to use in their commercials and promotions. They then reach out to me personally to acquire licensing for the clip. So far these deals average around $5,000 per clip.
How do you handle licensing with these ad agencies or companies yourself Tim? I'd like to do this myself but find it somewhat difficult in terms of negotiation.

Have you ever talked with a video licensing company or had them help you with a deal? We've been approached by a lot of them but most do not promote videos. You just send them licensing requests and hope they can work something out, and sometimes they don't.

Tim Schmoyer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
How do you handle licensing with these ad agencies or companies yourself Tim?
Yeah, I do it myself. I don't go out looking for these opportunities. We just have a few popular videos of cute moments with our kids that get found by agencies who are looking for clips to use in their commercials and promotions and such. They usually already have the paperwork and everything ready to go. I just read it over with my lawyer before signing to make sure it's all on the up-and-up.

Singing

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah, I do it myself. I don't go out looking for these opportunities. We just have a few popular videos of cute moments with our kids that get found by agencies who are looking for clips to use in their commercials and promotions and such. They usually already have the paperwork and everything ready to go. I just read it over with my lawyer before signing to make sure it's all on the up-and-up.
How often do you do you get licensing requests Tim? Has this mainly been in the US or in foreign markets as well?

Seems like there should be a directory on YTTalk of lawyers for YT issues.

Last edited:

Tim Schmoyer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
How often do you do you get licensing requests Tim? Has this mainly bee in the US or in foreign markets as well?
I get a few of them a year. It's not a steady stream or anything, but at $5,000 a piece you only need a few of them before they really start to add up.

Reactions: Singing