How I use my channel

PittsStop

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole youtube thing and just wanted a few opinions to help get me started on this journey. I started my youtube a few months back and have been struggling to decide what I should base my page around. I'm not sure if the way to branch out and reach a better audience base is to have a channel revolving around one sort of topic or if it does work having more like a life blog where I just youtube things that i deem fit for my channel. For example some hobbies i have currently are riding motorcycles, snowboarding, and going on adventures. I would like to have these things on my page, I also have a pet snake and will be getting a dog soon; i plan to do more feeding and care videos of me with my snake and when I get my dog, i would like to post videos just of me training it as time goes on. Does have many different things like this take away from the likability of my channel or is that just fine?

Last edited by a moderator:

StockTown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi there! That's always the big question. Focussing on a single topic might help you to cater to a specific audience, whereas a vlog makes it more difficult to build up a viewer base in the beginning. The advantage of making videos of what you enjoy doing will surely be more fun and should come more natural. Why not just start doing random stuff, figure out what you enjoy and then start figuring out what kind of content seems to be of interest for your viewers?! You can then start narrowing down your focus...if you want to.

That's just my opinion...hope it was helpful.

Reactions: AntoNeo

PittsStop

Reaction score
Yeah that makes a lot of sense, I think I'll run with that for a bit, even still, there will probably be variety anyway because here in MD we can't keep one season too long lol. But thank you for your input!

Reactions: StockTown