How I got 59 subscribers in two weeks with two one-minute long videos

Flick Six

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone, I just created my youtube channel on March 21 and I'm on pace to hit 100 subs in just under one month.

Some people take just a few weeks or maybe even several days to hit 100 subs while some people, on the other hand, take several months up to a year to get to 100 subscribers.

Most people say that the first 100 is the hardest battle on youtube and once you hit 100, things start moving forward and I really hope it does for my channel

But the question you probably have for me is, how did you do it?

Before I answer the question, let me let you know that this post is only really directed towards the people who haven't hit 100 subs yet.

The answer to that question is: Instagram and a little bit of luck.

Here's the process I followed:

1) Spent $60 on a Instagram ad
(Before you get on me for paying for followers/subscribers. I earned that money by doing advertising work for a motorsports company and I used it as startup money)
2) Alot of people started asking me to make stuff for them
3) I told them before I made anything they had to subscribe to my channel

Verdict: If you have ANY sort of talent that puts you apart from other people, abuse it.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts! I'd be glad to engage in a positive conversation

Reactions: Fost

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the problem with this strategy is much like sub for sub. if these subsribers are not actively interested in vewing your videos it can accually be harmful to your channel.

your subscribers are your spring board. they are the first ones that are shown your video if the video does not do well with your subscribers it wont continue to be promoted by YouTube. where when a video does well with your subscribers and regular viewers its then far more likely to be promoted outside of that audience witch in turn grows your channel.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Respect plus you not buying people if your buying ads or selling labor, thats investing into you. I Bought a gaming controller in return I can play psp games now and its way more comfortable for me cause I can lay back now instead of hunched over.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
the problem with this strategy is much like sub for sub. if these subsribers are not actively interested in vewing your videos it can accually be harmful to your channel.

your subscribers are your spring board. they are the first ones that are shown your video if the video does not do well with your subscribers it wont continue to be promoted by YouTube. where when a video does well with your subscribers and regular viewers its then far more likely to be promoted outside of that audience witch in turn grows your channel.
You make a good point I though he was selling his services for actual money

Flick Six

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Well I would say a good three-quarters of them click on the notifications bell as well when I asked them to prove that they subbed

So yes I understand your point about loyalty but I feel like since I have direct contact with everyone via Instagram, whenever I decide to upload another video they'll eventually see it because it'll be on insta.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sooo, blackmail?
I get that you were offering a service in return, but these are not the kind of subscribers you want. This is a dead audience.

It is very similar to the effect of sub4sub. Yes, you get more subscribers, but they haven't subscribed for your content, so they won't watch it. Your watchtime and retention time will suffer greatly. If you have a 100 subs, but only 10 views per video and 30 sec watch time on 1 min videos, Youtube isn't going to promote you. You need to gain an organic audience, so that people who are subscribed actually want to watch your content.

Subscribers don't matter to the Youtube AI. They're just a milestone. What matters is your watch time, retention time and SEO. None of which you achieve by forcing people to subscribe in exchange of a completely unrelated product.

Hauber

Reaction score
Hello all. The idea is pretty clear but still very complicated :)). You have to have subscribers to make views , but to make subscribers youtube must promote you, but he does not promote you because you are new, and you have neither subscribers and views ... so what better to do?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone, I just created my youtube channel on March 21 and I'm on pace to hit 100 subs in just under one month.

Some people take just a few weeks or maybe even several days to hit 100 subs while some people, on the other hand, take several months up to a year to get to 100 subscribers.

Most people say that the first 100 is the hardest battle on youtube and once you hit 100, things start moving forward and I really hope it does for my channel

But the question you probably have for me is, how did you do it?

Before I answer the question, let me let you know that this post is only really directed towards the people who haven't hit 100 subs yet.

The answer to that question is: Instagram and a little bit of luck.

Here's the process I followed:

1) Spent $60 on a Instagram ad
(Before you get on me for paying for followers/subscribers. I earned that money by doing advertising work for a motorsports company and I used it as startup money)
2) Alot of people started asking me to make stuff for them

Verdict: If you have ANY sort of talent that puts you apart from other people, abuse it.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts! I'd be glad to engage in a positive conversation

well paying for an ad on instagram is not really paying for subs or followers just getting your channel out there. I use intagram to promote my content but I dont pay for anything just use tags and let people naturally come to my channel. if they like it good if not w/e

getting close to 5 to 10 subs a day now by doing absolutely nothing except posting my daily videos. I ended up getting 100 subs in a month as well but im a dirtbike channel, a tad bit different.

the issue now is.....you are getting people to sub to your channel for exchange of a favor....does not really do much to your channel. should only care about views and retention time on videos not really subs. I mean yeah subs are good if they are TRUE followers but guess what.....the more subs you have and the less inactivity you have....you know what YT algorithm does right? registers you as a sub4sub type person and virtually will kill your channel....been through it already with a gaming channel a few years back so just careful what you do. My gaming channel ended up having over 1k subs but would only get 10 - 20 views. My dirtbike channel with only 250 subs gets 150 - 500 views and im a brand new channel with very high retention rate usually higher than 60%

Last edited: