How I get Ideas

MoAli

I usually dedicate some time to thinking about ideas. I haven't started my channel yet but I've got big things planned when I'm free to make videos.
Usually, I base my ideas around vlogs/pranks/skits/talks, so whenever I get ideas, I write everything onto my Notes app. I have probably 25 ideas already with the titles. I've had a couple channels before when I was WAY younger which failed because I was barely getting any views and also got hacked (long story haha), so for this channel I'm going full out.

I think everybody should stick to 4 main things on their channel, so with me I'd say vlogs/pranks/skits/talks. I did once consider reactions and challenges but I personally don't enjoy those videos so there's no point.

When in work (and pretending to look busy) I type ideas/scenes out on my laptop. Otherwise, I like a good old fashioned pen and paper approach. Another good mindset to have is not to get too attached to an idea too soon. It's good to leave something for a while, return to it and then see which bits still feel right/work for the video. I have books and pages of notes from about 10 years ago. About 80 per cent of it is poop, I'll admit. But when you refind that gem, it's a great feeling.
You seem to be pretty clued up on your plan of action. Hope it works out for you. Keep creating!

Back