How have they made this shot?

kiawill

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
If you watch from 8:30 to 8:50 you will see the video changes. How have they created that smooth cinematic shot?

I can't post links, can you please search the below on youtube please?

OVERKILL CAMERA SHOPPING IN TOKYO! | VLOG 284

Thanks

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It looks like they slowed it down and added stabilization.
Definitely slowed down, not necessarily stabilized. It looks like it was shot in 60FPS and slowed down. When you shoot high framerate and slow it down it just looks silky smooth.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't see the tell tale warping in the corners, so if they added stabilization in post they did it to very clean panned footage. My guess? They put that tripod to the test.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
We make videos using iphones, running up and down rocky trails chasing Jeeps.. In virtually all shots we are able to add stabilization without any 'telltale signs' or warping of any corners and without any panning necessary..

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It is a setting in the camera they're using. They're shooting in slow motion, something only high quality cameras can achieve (looking that smooth.) Essentially they are shooting many more frames per second than your average camera can shoot to obtain those shoots. You can accomplish this in post but it will not look as nice as it is in the video. I know when I worked with pro cameras I would always program one of the available buttons to switch quickly between regular shots and slow mo.[DOUBLEPOST=1489957004,1489956806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Definitely slowed down, not necessarily stabilized. It looks like it was shot in 60FPS and slowed down. When you shoot high framerate and slow it down it just looks silky smooth.
It looks like it was shot in much higher than just 60fps. Probably 100+