How has instagram worked out for you guys?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Have anyone gotten any subscribers from there? What percentage of your followers actually go on to check out your channel -- I decided to do something different and posted up a short clip of my video and it gained 150+ likes in less than hr and its still going. Got 25 new followers which was amazing to me haha. Hoping to see if anyone else gained anything new or had luck with Instagram

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've never used Instagram, not for my personal life and not for my channel, so I can't say it's ever helped me :p But from what I've heard, it's pretty much like Twitter and Tumblr in terms of exposure. But congratulations on that success! :)

Reactions: iMSaiyan

DAVID isWHITE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me instagram is my main social media platform just because of how easy it is to spread your pictures. Thats where most of my subscribers come from

lrduffy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Everytime I make a new video I upload the thumbnail to Instagram and include a link to the video in my bio & obviously tell them that in the post and then use as many relevant hashtags as I can think of. I find I get lots of likes on Instagram and a few new followers on there, but the actual views on my video barely move. As for gaining subscribers, I've been going up steadily every week but I don't know how I can find out where they come from :(

Either way it's still good exposure and I wouldn't stop doing it :)

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've never used Instagram, not for my personal life and not for my channel, so I can't say it's ever helped me :p But from what I've heard, it's pretty much like Twitter and Tumblr in terms of exposure. But congratulations on that success! :)
Oh thanks! Haha

For me instagram is my main social media platform just because of how easy it is to spread your pictures. Thats where most of my subscribers come from
Yeah I'm hoping I get subscribers from there as well.

Everytime I make a new video I upload the thumbnail to Instagram and include a link to the video in my bio & obviously tell them that in the post and then use as many relevant hashtags as I can think of. I find I get lots of likes on Instagram and a few new followers on there, but the actual views on my video barely move. As for gaining subscribers, I've been going up steadily every week but I don't know how I can find out where they come from :(

Either way it's still good exposure and I wouldn't stop doing it :)
Yeah I just tried something and posted up a 15 or so sec video on Instagram and it got 1200 likes so far. Interesting to see if it actually helps my channel if I keep posting diff videos.

HeyItzAndrew

Reaction score
Went from 6 subs to 10 subs in 2 days for me... i just made a instagram (for my youtube that is) and just went to popular instagrams and followed some of there followers... got nearly 300 followers in 2 days... and as far promoting on there, i dont make every post about youtube or saying "go subscribe" in every post.. i do it subtly hehe

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not that great at Instagram, but I try to keep an active account there (I have fewer than 500 followers, so it's not a big deal). I don't think a great number of people check out my channel just from Instagram, but it's a nice reminder to anyone who already is subscribed to me whenever I have a new video, or maybe just to remind people I'm still here. :)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That's amazing! =) I've been thinking about making an Instagram account now that I have a smartphone. This kind of news makes me want to go sign up right now! lol! :p I probably sound like an Internet n00b, but I didn't even know we could post videos on instagram.. >.< That's really helpful to know! ^^