How harsh are people on YouTube?

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
At least in my niche I have the feeling that people are nice in terms of giving criticism. I mean...people can make quite bad reviews and still there are many more likes than dislikes so it seems like the expectations of the viewers are that high. What do you think?

jnet

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
its really weird but i have never gotten a bullying or negative type comment i don't think

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My fans are just stupid which is totally fine.

idk

Onister Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
At least in my niche I have the feeling that people are nice in terms of giving criticism. I mean...people can make quite bad reviews and still there are many more likes than dislikes so it seems like the expectations of the viewers are that high. What do you think?
I have only seen on my channel is people dislike videos but never comment so i mean there not that bad. But when people get mad at how much you grow or your opinion anything can happen. hope that helps.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Some people comment bad about my VOICE, and some people LOVE my VOICE. Some people post rude comments and some nice comments. So yeah viewership expectations are good enough for me.

Reactions: wasabiroots

MargaretsJourney

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've had dislikes, but not really negative comments. I think in general people like YT and they like to watch other people's video. However, no matter in what niche you are, there will always be negative people and you can expect negative comments at some point. But think like this: against this bad one, you have a 100 people who loved the video :D

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have heard so many people say that youtube comments are some of the dredges of the internet...but I have never found that to be true in my experience. I don't know if it's just because I'm small enough not to have any trolls, or if it's because of my particular niche, but I have found that people are really helpful and friendly. In the video game cover community, people want to see each other succeed, you know?

Reactions: Kelkschiz