Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How far in advance do you pre-record videos?

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by freppy, Feb 6, 2018.

1. freppy
    Cash:
    $17
    Are you someone who has their video organised weeks in advance, or do you leave it up to the last second?
    Also, do you post your videos straight away, or use your 'pre-recorded video buffer' to schedule videos?

Personally, I used to do the last second thing, but I think that is a big reason as to why I stopped making videos! Now that I'm back, I have a focus on pre-recording and scheduling my videos to be released, so I release a video at the same day and time every week without having to stress out about getting the video edited on time (and potentially making a lower quality video)!

2. Seansie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $105
    I used to do last minute, but I dedicated myself one week to video making and ideas and was able to get a bit ahead. Now I'm just always one week ahead (and hopefully won't lose that). It definitely makes the pressure to post on a specific day a lot easier on myself. I still freak out on the days leading up though and check YouTube several times throughout the day to make sure it's still scheduled and on time. On the other hand, I also can see some issues with doing them too in advance, you know?

3. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $305
    It depends on what kind of video i´m doing. When i´m out traveling, I will pile up my footage and make the video the last day i´m at the place.
    If I do a blog though, i´m doing it the same day, maybe even the same hour. If I get a lot of ideas though I will wait for the next day!

Brandon Granberg likes this.
  4. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $16
    My videos usually takes a lot of time to make (sometimes about a month if i´m short on time) so when the video i ready and I´m happy with the result I upload it.. I just don´t upload it right away cause there are days that´s better for uploading than others (according to Tubebuddy anyways:)) -Don´t know if it´s true or if it matters that much though!

5. Boki
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $17
    I try to go for once a week, and sometimes it is scheduled, sometimes it's a couple of hours past when I determined it should go up. If I could I'd always go for scheduled, less stressful for me :)

6. freppy
    Cash:
    $17
    Yeah, I am trying to schedule my videos to be released well in advance, I have scheduled releases for the next two weeks already lined up - it feels nice to not have to stress!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 6, 2018 ---
    Tubebuddy - I haven't heard of that one yet! Is it any good?

What day do you tend to upload on? I feel that the day doesn't matter THAT much, so long as you have consistency... So I will be trying to release my videos every Thursday, in the evening in US (which is 11:30am here in Australia).

7. Messages:
    Cash:
    $9
    most of the time I put my vidoes up right after I make them! but I have another channel that Is about my dog that I just post randomly and the videos I already made!!!!!

NICE POST! =)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 6, 2018 ---

how long have you been youtubing for?

8. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $305
    I have been doing it for over 3 years now, the lack of growth might relate of my inconsistency, but I do upload when I get an Idea and when I get the time for it!
    What about you? how long have you been doing youtube?

9. Jawad Soomro
    I'm a Human!
    Cash:
    $12,624
    I actually record my videos with full energy one day. I record my screen, my voice over and footage. I review them after a week to judge if something is missing, then I add and remove things. Then it takes me lot of energy to produce quality content up to two weeks.

10. UhoohExtra
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $61
    does it really matter stressing about scheduling unless you have hundreds of thousands of subscribers? I always feel cheated as a subscriber if i learn i'm watching something that was recorded days earlier.. old news! ..don't care what happened yesterday etc. thats just me anyway.