How famous do you have to be on YouTube to make money

AaronVideosLA

Reaction score
How famous do you actually have to be on YouTube to make enough money to live on it. Hi everyone I just want to know if YouTube asked my to be a partner. As you can't apply to be a partner anymore, how famous do I need to be to make money and alot of it

KevinPJH

www.youtube.com/user/muttnbear
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm well Dodger (PressHeartToContinue) just recently quit her day job and she has 200,000 subs.

Reactions: HotDangProductions

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I know there's this guy called iJevin who's on 75k subs and makes a living out of it :) but then there's people like Ray William Johnson who are making 6 figure + salaries a year off of youtube :)

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It all depends on your views. Which will determine how much you make and quiet a bit other things as well. Also there's other ways to make money on youtube besides just adsense.

Lee Dawson

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends on your views. Which will determine how much you make and quiet a bit other things as well. Also there's other ways to make money on youtube besides just adsense.
like ShaneDawson. He's got shirts, a blooming music career (including likely future album and touring), a tv show in the works, and a movie.

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could have 10.000.000 Views each Month and still don`t be able to life from it if the biggest Part of it isn`t monetizable. You don`t need to be famous to be able to life from your YouTube Earnings if your Porsche doesn`t need every few Weeks a new set of tires just because you tried to impress that hot Chick from the Gym with a Burnout.

Also since each one of us do have a different Life Standard it`s hard to tell how much you would need to earn to be able to quit your Job. For some $1000 would be already enough while for some others well let`s put it that Way:

Those Tires are damn expensive and the Girl from the Gym does have a Twin Sister...

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You could have 10.000.000 Views each Month and still don`t be able to life from it if the biggest Part of it isn`t monetizable. You don`t need to be famous to be able to life from your YouTube Earnings if your Porsche doesn`t need every few Weeks a new set of tires just because you tried to impress that hot Chick from the Gym with a Burnout.

Also since each one of us do have a different Life Standard it`s hard to tell how much you would need to earn to be able to quit your Job. For some $1000 would be already enough while for some others well let`s put it that Way:

Those Tires are damn expensive and the Girl from the Gym does have a Twin Sister...