How does Youtube deal with fake traffic (botting) and censorship?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
In your understanding, if YouTube gives full control over comments/allows treating/blocking people like that, then his actions are justified and okay? Really?
Yes, exactly that. While you clearly don't like it, it is working as intended. For multiple (good) reasons, channel owners are given full control over what comments are shown, deleted, hidden, or blocked. It's unfortunate that you feel that you were blocked without cause, but there are numerous other channels, forums, and sites to post to.

Last edited:

SunaGuidesPL

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks guys for replying. Much obliged.

There are a million other channels to go to. I seriously do not see a problem here. There is plenty of community to talk to - on other channels. It sounds like you are just looking for a problem.
With all due respect, I don't know how good you know the Polish gaming communities and impactful channels, but let me assure you - there aren't 'millions'... Few, at best.

Excuse me? Not looking for a problem. I'm simply debating. That's what forums are for. Looking for a solution.

Yes, exactly that. While you clearly don't like it, it is worked as intended. For multiple (good) reasons, channel owners are given full control over what comments are shown, deleted, hidden, or blocked. It's unfortunate that you feel that you were blocked without cause, but there are numerous other channels, forums, and sites to post to.
I see.

Let's say, I found yet another big, influential YouTuber (also gaming, though there aren't that many of them in Poland, mind you) and got shadowbanned (again) for whatever reasons. Another limitation and the only solution would be to find someone else, right? Vicious circle.

One, unjustified click limits me and my actions, isolates me from those specific gamers and all I can do is to search for another pivotal Youtuber and pray he won't shadowban me. Something is wrong here.

There are international gaming forums and I'm active on them, of course. Still, I'd like to be able to leave a civil comment, engage and talk with those specific, active on Youtube, countrymen.

I suppose "packing up my traps and going away" is the only solution for the time being, but I encourage Youtube to do something about that. Hmm, maybe an appeal option?

Would appeal possibility help in your opinion? Would some changes/improvements to the shadowban option help?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Would appeal possibility help in your opinion? Would some changes/improvements to the shadowban option help?
YouTube gives creators the power to censor comments on their pages for numerous reasons.... sometimes the reason someone is blocked is obvious- if they spam gibberish (I used to get dozens of comments daily similar to "adhowrzzzzzyxxx" for no apparent reason), post advertisements or links to other channels, or are hostile to either the channel creator or other commenters. Sometimes a channel is attempting to steer a discussion and will delete any comment that doesn't follow where they want. Others don't want any negativity or critiques to show- in fear they'll sway other viewers. Other times, especially on sensitive or political topics, they only want to cater to people who share their mentality.

The point is- there are many reasons, some justified, some questionable... but YouTube clearly thought it through and felt that giving the channel owner control was in their best interest. If, instead, it were up to YouTube, it would require more manpower, would take longer, and, if they didn't see reason to block something that the creator didn't want there, it would only cause problems.

Reactions: SunaGuidesPL