How does the subscriber count work??

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've noticed something weird. It's almost like the subscriber number changes hours later, or even a day later after the person actually subbed. Or it's the other way and the sub number goes up before the name gets added to the list. Like, it just went up to 9 tonight, but nobody was added to the named list of subs. But I have a feeling tomorrow a new name will appear. Does it just take awhile to update? Then the other day, we went up to 8, but it kept going up and down to 7 then 8 then 7 then 8. Then I woke up and we were at 8 and a new person was on the list of subs. It would change every time I looked. Does this kinda stuff happen to other people?

Reactions: Mr.Human

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When someone subscribes to me, I usually see the number change in the account selection thing first (at the top right of the youtube page) before I see it on my channel so idk

Reactions: SmokeySpace

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does it update overnight? I feel like it doesn't change until I check it in the morning.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When someone subscribes to me I don't usually see it right away unless I click on the list of subscribers. It usually takes a few minutes sometimes a few hours and when you search for my channel before you click on my channel name it tells you how many subscribers and videos I have but that's usually wrong and that doesn't update for a few days!

Reactions: GeekCheese

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When someone subscribes to me I don't usually see it right away unless I click on the list of subscribers. It usually takes a few minutes sometimes a few hours and when you search for my channel before you click on my channel name it tells you how many subscribers and videos I have but that's usually wrong and that doesn't update for a few days!
Yeah, I noticed something similar.

Reactions: Courtney Candice