How Does the Livestreaming algorithm work?

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
Title says it all. I am understanding how the YouTube algorithm works with watch time been an important factor but I've heard from people that Livestreams are completely different algorithm and I can't seem to find anywhere to explain it.

Does anyone know?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I believe there is limited information coming from YouTube and us "Gurus" because Google is keeping the finer details close to the chest.

In December 2015, I asked some of YouTube's engineers at an event to help me understand how to maximize live streams because that was my primary method of producing video.

It's well known and documented that Live Streams perform amazingly when they are live, but then struggle once the show is over and YouTube ingests them as a regular video. I'm currently running experiments to find the best way to optimize this type of content.

I can say, that although YouTube's engineers couldn't give me specifics, they did say that YouTube is taking a really hard look at how to make Live Streaming work for the long term. This conversation was a little over a year ago.

Google is an iteration company, so it may take time. But it will probably be dope once they figure it out. They know they are behind the curve since every other social platform on earth is doing this and actually helping creators grow any audience through it.

I hope we'll hear more details soon now that they are testing Mobile Live with those of us that have access to it.

Hang in there!

Reactions: BeanTubes

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe there is limited information coming from YouTube and us "Gurus" because Google is keeping the finer details close to the chest.

In December 2015, I asked some of YouTube's engineers at an event to help me understand how to maximize live streams because that was my primary method of producing video.

It's well known and documented that Live Streams perform amazingly when they are live, but then struggle once the show is over and YouTube ingests them as a regular video. I'm currently running experiments to find the best way to optimize this type of content.

I can say, that although YouTube's engineers couldn't give me specifics, they did say that YouTube is taking a really hard look at how to make Live Streaming work for the long term. This conversation was a little over a year ago.

Google is an iteration company, so it may take time. But it will probably be dope once they figure it out. They know they are behind the curve since every other social platform on earth is doing this and actually helping creators grow any audience through it.

I hope we'll hear more details soon now that they are testing Mobile Live with those of us that have access to it.

Hang in there!
Thankyou! I really appreciate the explanaion. I know that Livestreaming is an amazing way to grow because on my other channel I had 1k subscribers just over a year ago then i started livestreaming and I went up to 9k! I stopped streaming and the growth went from 600subscribers a month to 100 a month. So Livetream had a massive impact on my channel