How Does Partnership Work?

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Since people seem to be throwing out exact values, I'd just like to point out that your earnings largely depend on what type of ads you use and how well they perform. Some networks have a cap, like Machinima who pays up to $2.50 per 1,000 views. However, it all depends on what network you join and what type of contract they offer you. There is no exact amount that partners get paid.
This is very true, but if anyone follows any Machinima Partners you might have seen the a month where all the Partners Big / Small and Medium were having a crack at Machinima about anything they could think about due to a few things.

1: They changed the Contract for 5 Years to 7 Years - People bitched and moan about a contract they signed which was for 7 Years.......WTF......due to Machinima losing 3 Big Stars

2: It came out a Big and I mean Big Partner demanded more money per 1000 views and got it - So people bitched about the $1.50 - $3.00 they were being paid per 1000 views.

So if I was on Machinima I would b***h like a MOFO at having a 7 Year Partnership ( A Dream ) and being paid $1.50 per 1000 views ( A Dream ).

The Small Partnership channels would be making between $200.00 - $1000.00 per month if they keep to what made them a partner and just increase the actual upload volume.

The Cap you say Machinima has at $2.50 is way out as I know they now pay $5.00 and most Large Partners are on $3.50-$4.00

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If Machinima ever partnered me I know that I would no way be complaining. I mean, making videos to entertain people from a game that I love playing is already great. Working alongside Machinima and earning money from what you love doing already.. What could be better?

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If Machinima ever partnered me I know that I would no way be complaining. I mean, making videos to entertain people from a game that I love playing is already great. Working alongside Machinima and earning money from what you love doing already.. What could be better?
Machinima supposedly has terrible contracts that rip off its users. I'd look into other gaming networks beforehand. Just saying.

Reactions: urbanlamb

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Machinima supposedly has terrible contracts that rip off its users. I'd look into other gaming networks beforehand. Just saying.
Yeah you dont want to be on machinima's network. These are one of the networks that has done well to give the concept of networks a bad name hehe. They tend to take more then they give and they lock you into insane contracts to do it.

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah you dont want to be on machinima's network. These are one of the networks that has done well to give the concept of networks a bad name hehe. They tend to take more then they give and they lock you into insane contracts to do it.
That is very true - machinima maybe one or if not the biggest, but they don't appericate you at all - Hell if you watch KSI Machinima didn't know who he was, only the one of the biggest YT who do FIFA - I mean Jesus.

With regards to contracts Machinima push for 7 Years, you have to be Huge and EPiC to get the standard 5 years.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you plan to monetize gaming content then you must join a network, you're just screwing yourself if you do it through youtube. At the moment it seems only businesses can apply for partnerships but everyone who has monetization is considered a "partner". You don't straight up get paid for views, you get paid for monetized views (views that come from people that see an ad) If you have monetization disabled on a video or someone watches your video with adblock then it is not considered a monetized view and you will not be paid for it.