How Does Partnership Work?

KevinPJH

www.youtube.com/user/muttnbear
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Guys!

So i have a general idea, but i was wondering if anyone could please tell me more. Is anyone able to be partnered with YouTube, and not with channels like Machinima or do you have to be partners with other channels?

Also, once you become partner, do you get payed for views or is it still just ads?

Thanks for reading! :)

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You don't need to be a partner to be paid on youtube. You just have to be able to monotize your videos.

KevinPJH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am able to earn money from putting ads on my videos thanks to YouTube. But, do you ever get paid for views?

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't need to be a partner to be paid on youtube. You just have to be able to monotize your videos.
As much as this is true, be very careful as to place the see ads and monetize your vids is not 100% Simple nor straight forward.

My Channel covers a wide range of Videos, but any Gaming Video I cannot Monetize the Video unless I obtain the Correct Permissions from the Game Company.

Here is my Example ( This cover Music LoL )

Digital Summer are a Rock band and if you do not have the correct permissions you will obtain a "3rd Party Copyright" against you, when this happens for me I submit a dispute
and give them all the required details to the release the said claim.

You will notice on my channel only my Vlogs are "Monetized" as I own everything, Footage & Audio so I can Monetize the Video.

I can go into further detail, but that would take time LoL.

Joshua

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
think its like $3 per 1000 views plus its annoying that i have to be 18 to create an adsense account to link with my youtube in order to get revenue.
But i think the process is Upload video>Monetize>apply for partner>link a google adsense account = MONAYz

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
think its like $3 per 1000 views plus its annoying that i have to be 18 to create an adsense account to link with my youtube in order to get revenue.
But i think the process is Upload video>Monetize>apply for partner>link a google adsense account = MONAYz
Trust me, as a partner. You really need to be getting over 20,000 views per video to be getting any decent amount of money.

Reactions: stratafm

Joshua

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
oh wow 20k views! really! damn! Gonna have to put in alot of time and effort then :)
HARD WORK& DEDICATION

KevinPJH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks heaps for the replies guys! Very helpful! :)
--- merged: Jun 3, 2012 at 7:15 AM ---
Thanks heaps for the replies guys! Very helpful! :)

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Trust me, as a partner. You really need to be getting over 20,000 views per video to be getting any decent amount of money.
Over MreGamersTV I get $1.40 Per Thousand Views a Partner channel gets $1.80 to $2.50 Per Thousand Views, to get $3.00 ( USD ) you have to be in the GoldGlove League.

I follow Likebutter for Gears of War and he hits around 1 Million Views Per Month or even Wings of Redemption who nails 3-5 Million views per month depending on the content etc, these guys will earn between $2,000 - $4,000 Per Month.

When you monetize with YouTube you will earn $1 per thousand views and it will all depend on the ads used on your footage.

With regards to 20,000 views for decent money, not really as I watch guys who upload around 100 Vids per month and hit 500,000 views ( 5,000 per vid ) and they still earn good money, remember it isn't Per Video, it is Per Thousand Views so in theory upload 1,000 Videos and obtain 1 view per video equals $1 Buck.

Also with Partners it will always depend on the Contract you signed.