how does one get custom thumbnails???

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The term is " Full Partnership " with a Network - YT does offer the Higher level Partnership, but they are quite hard to obtain.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just so you all know "partner" now only means that you have monetization. It doesn't mean you're a REAL partner. For that, you either have to join up with a network, or get accepted by youtube automatically, which they'd do via email.

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
First of all, just because you applied doesn't make you a partner. I could apply to be in the football team, but just because I applied doesn't mean I'm on the team.

Secondly, you need well over a thousand subscribers on average before you're even considered.
'First of all' relax he was only asking a question. But, to answer his question, you would need to be a 'full partner' in order to get things like custom thumbnails and banners. You don't necessarily need over a thousand subscribers to do it because there are a lot of people here who were partnered with way less subscribers.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
'First of all' relax he was only asking a question. But, to answer his question, you would need to be a 'full partner' in order to get things like custom thumbnails and banners. You don't necessarily need over a thousand subscribers to do it because there are a lot of people here who were partnered with way less subscribers.
I am perfectly relaxed thanks, I don't see where in my reply I was aggressive at any point. I made my point, and gave an example just in case of misunderstanding. Also, I'm aware you can get partnered with less, but in my time on the web I've been told many times that's a solid starting point.

morphman

Morph Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am perfectly relaxed thanks, I don't see where in my reply I was aggressive at any point. I made my point, and gave an example just in case of misunderstanding. Also, I'm aware you can get partnered with less, but in my time on the web I've been told many times that's a solid starting point.
You can be a beginner and also be a partner these days, I've seen it already and youtube is already starting to give custom thumbnails to creators.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can be a beginner and also be a partner these days, I've seen it already and youtube is already starting to give custom thumbnails to creators.
I didn't know that, thanks.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you want to be a partner right off the bat though, you need to get partnered by a network, which most won't accept you if you lack a following. There are exceptions though.