How does my watchtime compare

Reaction score
hiya. Hope this is allowed. Just wanted an ideal of how I was doing really. I’m two weeks in with 6.5 hours of watch time approx 500 total views (across 13 videos) and 22 subs.

Just wondered if I was about average or not?

Thanks.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi My guess is that it is okay (Im not that good with math) Maybe you could fix your channel-link so we can go check your channel out for a closer look??:) But 500 views and 6.5 hours of watchtime is better than many new channel can come up with IMO

Reactions: Justdoingmybest

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Seem ok so far for a new channel. That averages 38view for each of your 13 videos so far. It can take a couple of weeks before/if they get better recognised in search results. One of them may benefit from suggested video content on other people's content if youtube recognises some value to your upload. 13 seems a lots in 2 weeks unless you made them in advance. One thought might be take the same 2 weeks to try and make one really good video (not saying your others aren't.. can see them as your link doesn't work). You will get rewarded better for good content. No amount of SEO trickery or constantly bashing out quantity can substitute for good content. Hope some of that might help. I'm noob also really.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ve tried to fix my channel link... still not working. Will look again later.

Would be helpful to me if someone could search ‘kids treasure hunt’ and tell me if mine (yellow with a train picture across the front and a picture of my son holding a train) comes up in the first 12. Every time I search as me it obviously brings it up really high but if my husband looks it is also about number 4. This particular video has had nearly 300 views since I uploaded it about a week ago. And yes I did pre record some before I started as am aiming to post daily (as we live along way from family and they enjoy seeing them too)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
unless I screwed up my math that comes out to a average view duration of about 47 seconds. I would not consider that exactly great. unless most of your video's are super short like 1 min or less. I would suggest studying your audience retention. watch time is the biggest thing in how much or how little your video's are promoted.

Reactions: Justdoingmybest
Reaction score
unless I screwed up my math that comes out to a average view duration of about 47 seconds. I would not consider that exactly great. unless most of your video's are super short like 1 min or less. I would suggest studying your audience retention. watch time is the biggest thing in how much or how little your video's are promoted.

There are three videos which have pulled my ‘biggest’ numbers one has 299 views with average watchtime of 55% the other has over 300 with average watchtime of 84% and another with 150views at 67%. My video with 84% is the one I worked the least on.... how does that work and yes about four be videos are less than 1min. Totalling 21hours watchtime now and 966 views. I’m thinking that’s not a bad increase for five days. Xx

Reactions: Ezrider92356