How does Channel Name affect SEO

Skydmark1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm so caught up in choosing the right Channel name right now, but does it have any real effect on SEO or how likely people are to find you? I mean some of the most famous youtubers have names you'd never find in a search unless you already knew them. This is me overthinking things again! Anyone have any experience in this? What parts of your Channel are best optimized for SEO? The description? Or just the videos themselves? Sorry, I'm not new to SEO, but I am new to Youtube SEO.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Well in the beginning, no-one knows you so people won't be searching by channel name. As time goes on and your brand starts getting known, then people will start searching Youtube by your channel name. So I suppose you want something that is reasonably easy to spell and reasonably unique (to ensure you are the top of the results) Example, if your channel name was "Nice cars" and your fans did a search for "nice cars", then your channel would be mixed in with a load of other stuff about "nice cars" and hard to find you - Obv an extreme example, but you get the point. ^^

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Unless the channel name is super ellaborate and terrible or NSFW, I don't think it matters
Just a few tips though
1) Don't use numbers in your username
2) Don't use special characters in your username
3) Make your username unique
4) Make your username pronounceable.

So something like xx_analprincess2035852873//234 is not a good username.

Reactions: Stike96

Skydmark1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unless the channel name is super ellaborate and terrible or NSFW, I don't think it matters
Just a few tips though
1) Don't use numbers in your username
2) Don't use special characters in your username
3) Make your username unique
4) Make your username pronounceable.

So something like xx_analprincess2035852873//234 is not a good username.
What? And that's the one I really wanted to use! LOL, thanks for the pointers! Just wasn't sure how SEO played a factor for YouTube, exact match domains used to hold some extra value for example.