How does a stupid construction video get 8 million views in one week?

Brownpatrick88

Reaction score
So I saw a video that popped up on the youtube homepage. I clicked on it because it looked interesting. The video was nothing more than people doing standard construction, but it had been sped up to 400%. I was like, this is a dumb video. Then I noticed that the video has EIGHT MILLION freaking views in one stinking week.

So how does someone do that? Are they paying for placement? Are they scamming the system with bot views? How is it possible that stupid sped up construction video gets 8,000,000 views in one week?
They are paying to inflate the views, paying for views of videos that fit the monetizing policies is an easy way to increase revenues and deceive viewers Into falling for clickbait titles.
"________ does THIS and WOW , you WONT believe what happens next! " With some stupid random red circle. And it has 4 million fake views, making simple minded people fallinto the old school clickbait trap.. It's much easier to pull in popularity because no one has caught on to paid YouTube views yet. It's only a matter of time until it is the end of YouTube as you know it.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

xpdeus

Reaction score
Timelapse videos are very cool (and easy to record). Every smartphone has timelapse feature