How do ypu guys go about advertising on social media

joshgrahamvlogman234

Reaction score
Hi im fairly new to the YouTube game and i was just wondering what do you guys do for social media? I mainly want to grow on twitter but advice on instagram would also be helpful. I have no clue what kind of content to post on twitter except for advertising my new video (to my lovely 0 followers) im just curious what you guys post or what you think I should post and how to get it seen by people. Thanks so much for responding. Much appriciated [emoji173]

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
It's going to be tough starting from base Zero. I used all my major social media platforms like Twitter and FB and Instagram which already had a pretty big following. I didn't create dedicated social media accounts because I wanted my YT to be representing me.

I just share posts on them as I would any other post. Sometimes I will try to "sell it" a bit harder and add more hashtags or clicky titlea, but other than that I share with the same audience.

If I am looking for more niche communities I go to Reddit and find a subreddit that is based around the type of video I plan to post. Those are more focused audience members and there tends to be a little more specialized engagement from doing that. Where as posting to my birnal social medias gains me some views but no real engagement.

Long story short, there a few ways to tackle your issue. You just need to decide what one you want to go with and what one makes most sense with the following you have/don't have at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: ToxicTabasco

joshgrahamvlogman234

Reaction score
It's going to be tough starting from base Zero. I used all my major social media platforms like Twitter and FB and Instagram which already had a pretty big following. I didn't create dedicated social media accounts because I wanted my YT to be representing me.

I just share posts on them as I would any other post. Sometimes I will try to "sell it" a bit harder and add more hashtags or clicky titlea, but other than that I share with the same audience.

If I am looking for more niche communities I go to Reddit and find a subreddit that is based around the type of video I plan to post. Those are more focused audience members and there tends to be a little more specialized engagement from doing that. Where as posting to my birnal social medias gains me some views but no real engagement.

Long story short, there a few ways to tackle your issue. You just need to decide what one you want to go with and what one makes most sense with the following you have/don't have at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have that part figured put for the most part. I guess im looking for just the type of content to post on a dedicated profile. Instagram is easier but twitter ive never used before so im not too sure how it works [emoji23]

I will definitly check out reddit though. Any idea on how to advertise just grow my following on there?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Refresh

Reaction score
I don't use that much social media, to be honest, other than Reddit. Sharing my videos on Reddit has been the best thing I've done for my channel and has allowed me to grow pretty quickly.

All you need to do is find the relevant subreddits to post your video in, as long as the advertising isn't obnoxious and you know the community you're posting it in will enjoy it... well then it should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Hope this generic answer helps a little bit.

Reaction score
The problem is: You give us no clue about the content. It's like asking for the road, without telling where you wanna go!

If your videos are about fashion trends Instagram may be nice, but if you do something else, like book reviews, you probably should skip it.

Find people who should be interested in your video, probably by finding your biggest competitor, and look where he posts.

Also, Twitter is always good, you can mark related people, just don't go to wide with hashtags. You can also search for "yourself" and join any conversation related to the video.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just post original content and good photos on Instagram and I’m sure will gain a following:)

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You need to figure out what kind of content your audience likes. I know with cars it is pretty easy. For my sponsors I always tag them in my instagram photo and post and also work with them so they can repost my content. I think it is working pretty well I have about 100 followers on instagram in 2 months and I have 20 subscribers on my youtube channel. More importantly I have picked up about 6 sponsors for my car in the same time.

Reactions: ToxicTabasco

APK3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I am going to start using my twitter to comment on youtubers tweets that I like. Hopefully, interact with some people who lime similar things to me and gain some followers and then try and come up with some funny and original posts instead of just my youtube video has been released tweet.

Just thought I would share with you my idea, even though I do not know if it will work or not for sure. Good luck though!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I kind of have the same problem. I have twitter but I hardly ever use (only to post my videos just like you):) It goes without saying that you need to get some more twitter-followers, 0 wont get you far:) But maybe twitter isn´t your thing. You could try Reddit to see if that works better for you. It does with my videos

AniTalks

Reaction score
Hi! I just started out my YouTube/instagram as well, but here's what I noticed with my instagram....Hashtags!

If I'm trying to relate my posts to my current YouTube video, I would create little graphics that are related to that video and use hashtags for the audience I want to bring in. Im currently branding it similar to my channel with the same character/style. Hope that helps :)

Last edited: