How do youtubers make money?

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Im just curious. Obviously you need a pretty big fan base. Besides income from ads, what other streams of income do youtubers get money from?

Last edited:

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Sponsorship, brand deals, merchandise, service products, ebooks, etc. Many many options if you market it correctly.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As PictureFIT said. However these things require your channel to be a pretty good size to be capable of doing this.

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you're talking strictly on youtube then sponsors and fan funding (if your in a country that supports it). But these require large sub counts. So these methods don't mean much to anyone under 10,000 subs

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Unless your well over 10K subs I wouldn't think to much about YouTube + Income in the same sentence.

Do what I did and get a job and just enjoy doing YouTube, shouldn't be about the money bro, should be the last thing on your mind.

Gonna be a long ride for you if money is all your after.

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Unless your well over 10K subs I wouldn't think to much about YouTube + Income in the same sentence.

Do what I did and get a job and just enjoy doing YouTube, shouldn't be about the money bro, should be the last thing on your mind.

Gonna be a long ride for you if money is all your after.
That's obviously an assumption. I'm not doing YouTube for money. I was just curious on how youtubers make money. Probably my question was worded bad so I edited it. But I understand what it takes.

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you're talking strictly on youtube then sponsors and fan funding (if your in a country that supports it). But these require large sub counts. So these methods don't mean much to anyone under 10,000 subs
I understand. I meant to say how youtubers make money. I edited my question.