How do YouTubers get paid per view

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get mine direct deposited into my bank account, but they can probably mail checks as well. They usually send the payments on the 21st of every month as long as you reach the minimum $100 threshold.
Do you have to show proof of taxes when you reach the threshold, I read somewhere on there account about that first you didn’have to worry about that but then on the next page it talked about having give that information

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Once you hit the threshhold ($100 in US I believe) you will receive the money into your bank at the end of the following month. Just make sure you link your bank account to your Adsense account.
So for the revenue I earn during the month of November I will recieve into my bank at the end of December. I can check how much I will be paid mid way through December in my Adsense account.

How many views on average do you receive per month?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do you have to show proof of taxes when you reach the threshold, I read somewhere on there account about that first you didn’have to worry about that but then on the next page it talked about having give that information
I don't remember what I had to do when I set it up. But I receive a 1099-MISC tax form in the mail from Google at the beginning of the next year that I have to include when filing my taxes.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Once you hit the threshhold ($100 in US I believe) you will receive the money into your bank at the end of the following month. Just make sure you link your bank account to your Adsense account.
So for the revenue I earn during the month of November I will recieve into my bank at the end of December. I can check how much I will be paid mid way through December in my Adsense account.

How many views on average do you receive per month?
I haven’t hit my threshold yet I’m nowhere near 100, but I was just curious on how the ad sense things worked I’m not exactly sure how many vies get a month but I get around 2,414 minutes watched a month I only upload around 4 times a month I really need to start uploading twice a week instead of once a week

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
like others mentioned, once you earn 100 dollars, they can send you your money either through a physical check I believe or how most people do it and that is with direct deposit into your banking account. you can set that up in your adsense account I'm fairly certain (it's been awhile since I did that).

as far as tax implications, Google/Youtube will send you a physical 1099 tax form usually starting at the beginning of the year so don't be alarmed if you don't receive it till late January or even early February. they have tons of users so it will take time. if you don't receive it by March, I'd contact them.

however and this is an important part that I don't think anyone mentioned, you don't have to report your earnings until you earn a total of 500 dollars per year. now, they may have changed the policy but the last time I heard, that was their threshold until you have to report your earnings through a 1099. and that would make sense b/c it would be a wast of time for someone to report for example 24 bucks a year; it's too small of an amount to deal with.

so if you're under 500 bucks yearly total, don't expect any 1099 form. anything above 500, and you'll have to report the earning to Uncle Sam. hope that helps.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
like others mentioned, once you earn 100 dollars, they can send you your money either through a physical check I believe or how most people do it and that is with direct deposit into your banking account. you can set that up in your adsense account I'm fairly certain (it's been awhile since I did that).

as far as tax implications, Google/Youtube will send you a physical 1099 tax form usually starting at the beginning of the year so don't be alarmed if you don't receive it till late January or even early February. they have tons of users so it will take time. if you don't receive it by March, I'd contact them.

however and this is an important part that I don't think anyone mentioned, you don't have to report your earnings until you earn a total of 500 dollars per year. now, they may have changed the policy but the last time I heard, that was their threshold until you have to report your earnings through a 1099. and that would make sense b/c it would be a wast of time for someone to report for example 24 bucks a year; it's too small of an amount to deal with.

so if you're under 500 bucks yearly total, don't expect any 1099 form. anything above 500, and you'll have to report the earning to Uncle Sam. hope that helps.
Thank you for the information!

Reactions: sanitary103