How do you stay positive?

Livelifeinabox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We try to remember to run our own race! Seeing all the stories of channels reaching milestones in weeks that you haven't neared in months can make you think too much. We try to remember that you cannot compare any channel with another.

Run your own race

Reactions: Andreea

DNG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Just need to put in the work and effort and use newsgroups and forums such as this one to learn from other users experiences. It does take a while.
Just try to ignore the sub and view count.

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just need to put in the work and effort and use newsgroups and forums such as this one to learn from other users experiences. It does take a while.
Just try to ignore the sub and view count.
at some point it does have to matter though, as fun as it is, it can suck if no one is watching what you do, meaning we are doing something wrong along the way

DNG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
at some point it does have to matter though, as fun as it is, it can suck if no one is watching what you do, meaning we are doing something wrong along the way
It is very difficult to keep positive and motivated especially all the negative comments from the haters on YouTube Gaming and Twitch but we just try to ignore them and keep making videos. Luckily the money we make from one of our other YT channels is supporting our gaming channel. If this wasn't the case then I couldn't afford to keep it going. So long as viewers keep coming back and the sub count doesn't start going backward then well keep plodding along and see what happens.

Masterand

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess it's just like life. It has ups and downs.
Yup, I love making videos every day, but the marketing side as a small Youtuber is just a big drag in the long run. I don't like to promote my channel in forums but some time you put so much work in a video and get no views because nobody ever will find your new Youtube channel if you don't promote yourself somewhere :/. Just wish that Youtube had a better concept with starting Youtubers..

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I guess it's just like life. It has ups and downs.
there is the option to join an mcn to interact with like minded gamers or creators, that might help as well, i'm actually thinking of joining one, not sure though. some of the stories i hear kinda make me think about it, i've been approached by scale lab, freedom and paragon yt

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started doing videos 2 months ago and I have a small number of subscribers. I know it's not something that happens over night but sometimes it makes me think that I do something wrong. So I wanted to ask you how did you stayed positive and stuff until, let's say, you first 20 subscribers ?
Unfortunately all you can do is keep grinding, I have been doing YouTube for that long now it is part of my life. i couldn't image life without it! I have down days and I have struggled with positive attitude but you have to push through it

Christian Adams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I started doing videos 2 months ago and I have a small number of subscribers. I know it's not something that happens over night but sometimes it makes me think that I do something wrong. So I wanted to ask you how did you stayed positive and stuff until, let's say, you first 20 subscribers ?
I just try to focus on making entertaining content rather than focus on the numbers. I think as long as you do every thing to optimize your channel, make entertaining content and be engaging then you should be happy with what you're doing