How Do You Stay Motivated?

Landen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest struggle I'm finding right now is to continue staying motivated to make content. I think it can be easy for those of us with jobs and other things going on in life to become distracted from the passion to create videos. I find it especially harder because I'm impatient with how much slow growth I'm seeing on my channel. How do you all stay motivated? What keeps you going?

Reaction score
You just need to think of the end result and never stop. You never know who is going to see your video or who is going to share it. Eventually you will impress the certain people and your channel will grow tremendously.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have always held the idea that you don't wait to be motivated, you just do the things you want to do. It may seem that "motivation" and "what you want to do" might be the same things, but I consider motivation to be of the moment and plans and goals to be long-term. So I know I'd love to be a professional puppeteer as a career, and what I'm working towards gets me there. Whether or not I want to make a video today or build a new puppet this weekend is pretty incidental in the long run, but if I say, "I'm not motivated today/this week/lately" can derail the entire plan.

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Landen cut yourself a break dude you are close to 3k subs I wish my growth was that slow I have been going over a year and have less than 200 subs but I stay motivated because I love what I do always have always will and just remember if you think you have slow growth there is always some one else growing even slower than you are so your are not alone take comfort in that.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi dude:)
First of all it looks like your channel is doing great.. You are well on your wat to 3000 subs and that got to be motivation enough if you ask me:) a lot us is not close to that number.
What keeps me going is the fact that I enjoy making my videos..I have a lot of other stuff going on in my life just like you so I make my videos when I got the time and that varies a lot.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I think you shouldn't do it just for the views, subscriptions etc. If you are having fun and enjoy what you are doing, you should be motivated enough.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I work hard to get to travel to the places I want to go, which makes me motivated to do the videos I want to do!
And for some reason, I feel I need to check off some things on my bucket lists, that I have posted on youtube, so in a way, I have always ideas, I just need the time and money for it!

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My audience, our community! they show SOOOO much love and support for the channel i just never want to disappoint them! they keep me going! always make me want to push the channel, do better, be better and just hopefully be an all round entertainer for them :D

Ivywinter

Reaction score
Motivation is always fickle. it will come and go, thats just how it is. But as long as your making content you yourself enjoy, or would want to watch, it helps a lot. But dont expect every day to be like WOO IM SO READY LETS MAKE SOME VIDEOS! thats just not how life goes. At that point, you just gotta do it. Make it part of your schedule. you'll find the motivation again, even if it takes a few days or weeks :)

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest struggle I'm finding right now is to continue staying motivated to make content. I think it can be easy for those of us with jobs and other things going on in life to become distracted from the passion to create videos. I find it especially harder because I'm impatient with how much slow growth I'm seeing on my channel. How do you all stay motivated? What keeps you going?
I know what you mean. I get so busy with everyday life I barely get to film these days. I think one of the keys is to have realistic expectations considering your life schedule and your channel in general. The most important thing is to enjoy what you do because if you do you will put effort into making time for it. Good luck.