How Do You Stay Motivated?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For me, the single biggest impact on my motivation staying high is the fact that the content type I chose is one that enables me to create videos with minimal time, effort, and inconvenience. If it wasn't for that, I'd have lost interest long ago.

Besides that, my dedication and promise to my viewers to uploading daily, as well as the huge number of requests I get, (paid ones more recently) makes it difficult for me to not be motivated.

Reactions: Mr.Human

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It's fine with a break now and then if you don't feel motivated.
Then you get the time to clear your mind and think of new exciting things you can make videos about.

Will Latimer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So ususally when this happens I would just watch a few videos and an idea would pop into my head and I would be hyped to do it, but all the videos I watch are so similar now so the motivation to create is slowly slipping because I can't find anything new!

RafaRBE

Reaction score
I think everyone has those moments when they don't have any motivation, but whenever you lose it, think ''Why you started''

Just try to be as original as possible, interact with your fans and keep uploading. Every video is different in it's own way, so even if anyone else already uploaded a similar video like yours, in some way it WILL be different, because it has a little bit of your personality in it and this is what actually matters for the fans.

Keep doing what you love and at some point it will pay out. Even if sometimes it's not gonna be a big pay-out, you know you went one more step forward and you are still progressing. Do it for you and your fans.

Reactions: Dave2017

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's why when I am going to create new video about a topic that I want, I don't search for other videos, but go straight into making it. Only after I upload the video I see there are already hundreds if not thousands of videos covering the same topic, but whatever, I already uploaded the video. If I was going to shot the video after seeing so many videos, most probably I wouldn't have done it at all. Accept it, YouTube is big and there are videos about any possible topic that you can and can't think of. That shall not stop you from making videos your way.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It has been said already but think ''Why did I start my channel??"
Hopefully you started it because you like to create videos:):) everyone has those moments when they don't have any motivation at all but look at it this way. It is not your job you DONT have to do this and again hopefully you started because you like it:) But if everything sucks big time take a break and have a beer:)

SmokeySpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Get yourself some subs, it always makes me feel better when that count goes up, when I'm feeling unmotivated I got on recently uploaded videos and give out advice, it's helpful to them and half the time they will sub, always makes me feel better

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You stay motivated through doing what you want to do on Youtube. Create videos that get you so excited that you can't sleep at night. You should have started Youtube because there was something you were so passionate about that you wanted to share it to a bunch of strangers.
If you are only trying to stay motivated for the views and fame you should just quit cuz you're gonna fail. You are going to be making content that you hate making. It becomes more of a chore than a hobby.
So my advice to you: Stay motivated by making the videos that you are actually passionate about. Many people start Youtube because they think it's an easy way to make money and gain fame. But it's not. I hope you're not one of those people and looking at your videos I believe that you aren't. So in summary. Do what you love.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
WHY do it in the first place?
When we have emotion vested into something (like "cant sleep cause Im so friggin' excited" motivated) it's much easier to get through the inevitable "slow" times.
Usually, when you are RIIIIIIIGHT on the brink of quitting, that means you are almost there. But if it doesn't make you happy, why are you even doing it in the first place?
Fame? Find another way to be famous
Money? Find another way to make money
Provide Value? Find another way to provide value.
No one is going to hold a gun to your head and beg you to make videos- that's all on you.
BUT- when I am feeling like crap and defeated, the VERY FIRST thing I do is gain some perspective. Go for a run, walk or take a long shower. This world is SO overstimulating, it's hard to think clearly sometimes.
THEN, figure out WHY you are even doing this. FROM THAT PLACE, decide if it's worth whatever it is costing you.
IF IT IS- then keep fighting, but not for MORE VIEWS, for GREATER IMPACT on the audience you are serving.
IF IT'S NOT- get creative and find inspiration elsewhere.
Hope this helps :)

Raid MusicHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Welp, honestly I don't know How I stay motivated on YouTube :(. But One think I only think about YouTube is just wanna share happiness to other people through the songs I mostly hear. And I always believe that even 40% YouTuber are new, but they are 100% the future of YouTube:angel::angel::angel: