xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I set aside a time for filming and editing, and I don't allow myself to vary from that. So every Monday after work, Wednesday after work, and weekend (I give myself a bit of leeway there), I am filming a video, no questions asked. If I don't want to, tough. If I don't have a good idea, then I make a boring video, but I make a video. The thing for me is to make sure I'm just doing the thing during the time, no matter what.

I think about it this way: I don't decide to brush my teeth, I just brush my teeth every morning and every evening. I don't decide to shower, I just shower before I go to work. I don't decide to go to work every day, I just do it. So I put making videos in that same category. I just make videos because making videos is what I do.

It can take a while before it becomes so habitual that it feels weird to NOT do this, but it does happen. Just put a schedule together and then don't vary from it. The consistency builds the consistency, if that makes sense.

Laura Wills

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What I've found helps me is having a Set Schedule. Like, "I post a video every Tuesday and Thursday; I film on Wednesdays and Fridays." Then block aside time for it and don't let anything get in the way. Personally, other than work, I make uploading to youtube my top daily priority.
True, we're going to try that! I think we need to be more disciplined with ourselves to get certain things done on an assigned day. Thank you for your input! Good luck with your channel :)[DOUBLEPOST=1471035390,1471035075][/DOUBLEPOST]
I set aside a time for filming and editing, and I don't allow myself to vary from that. So every Monday after work, Wednesday after work, and weekend (I give myself a bit of leeway there), I am filming a video, no questions asked. If I don't want to, tough. If I don't have a good idea, then I make a boring video, but I make a video. The thing for me is to make sure I'm just doing the thing during the time, no matter what.

I think about it this way: I don't decide to brush my teeth, I just brush my teeth every morning and every evening. I don't decide to shower, I just shower before I go to work. I don't decide to go to work every day, I just do it. So I put making videos in that same category. I just make videos because making videos is what I do.

It can take a while before it becomes so habitual that it feels weird to NOT do this, but it does happen. Just put a schedule together and then don't vary from it. The consistency builds the consistency, if that makes sense.
You are totally right, I think that we are still new where we haven't figured out the best schedule for the two of us and haven't fallen into a habit yet with deciding which days we film and what days we edit and upload. I think we just need a big calendar and mark down those days, sometimes if we see it visually we are more likely to do it rather than just telling ourselves we will film that day, and then it does't happen. Thank you!