How do you shoot HD quality? Newb

Gary Brooks

Reaction score
I've just started and I have horrible quality. I've looked everywhere for help after failing again and again. I want to know how to shoot in HD quality for my vlog.

Note: I have a Sony wx350

ALL help is needed.

Nathanael

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've just started and I have horrible quality. I've looked everywhere for help after failing again and again. I want to know how to shoot in HD quality for my vlog.

Note: I have a Sony wx350

ALL help is needed.
If your camera Has Manual Settings for the ISO and APERTURE. learning to work that manually could help tremendously. Lighting is everything, so you wanna make sure you have good quality lighting.
Also make sure the Lens is Clean :) lol

Reactions: Lizzeelive

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great Lighting can make any video look high quality! I recommend using natural lighting if you can! It is free after all, but it can be unreliable when it is cloudy or rainy.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you mean by "horrible quality" ?

Is the original video dark, unclear, shaky ?

What type of video scenes are you shooting?

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your camera can shoot 1080p I believe. So make sure you're in that setting. As others stated, make sure you have enough light (natural light is best) to get quality shots. You're vlogging, so you're probably moving a lot. I would suggest getting some sort of stabilizer to smooth your movement.

Secondly, in the post editing stage...make sure your project settings match what you shot. So if you shot 1080p @ 30fps, make sure your program is also set in that setting.
If you're using Sony Vegas, disable the resample (to do this I think you right-click your clip > properties > disable resample). Do this for all clips.

Lastly, when you render, be sure you render in 1080p HD using variable bit rate. You may have to tweak the settings until you find the right one you like.

Reactions: WhitenightMD