How do you reply to youtube comments? In creator studio or underneath actual video?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question... but I'm curious how do you personally reply to viewer comments you get for each of your videos? Do you go into the creator studio section and reply from there or do you go to view your video and then comment underneath the video?

I'm new to all this so I want to make sure I'm replying to comments in the best/most efficient way if that makes sense :)

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it in creator studio, because it's faster there and I don't increase the view count of the videos with very few retention time to it, which literally kills the video! Sometimes it's hard to see to which video exactly is the comment, so I have to check the e-mail, but I never go to the video to answer a comment, because it plays just few seconds then stops, you reply to the comment and hit back, but the video has 1 view more with less than 5 seconds view time, which flags YouTube that the video was uninteresting to someone (even if it is You) and ranks it lower.

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it in creator studio, because it's faster there and I don't increase the view count of the videos with very few retention time to it, which literally kills the video! Sometimes it's hard to see to which video exactly is the comment, so I have to check the e-mail, but I never go to the video to answer a comment, because it plays just few seconds then stops, you reply to the comment and hit back, but the video has 1 view more with less than 5 seconds view time, which flags YouTube that the video was uninteresting to someone (even if it is You) and ranks it lower.
I do it on creator studio too because of similar reasons....

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I usually just comment straight on the video but I make sure to pause it as soon as I click on it (I dont know if doing that effects retention time?) but I like being able to see comments in the context of the video they're talking about :)

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sorry if this is a silly question... but I'm curious how do you personally reply to viewer comments you get for each of your videos? Do you go into the creator studio section and reply from there or do you go to view your video and then comment underneath the video?

I'm new to all this so I want to make sure I'm replying to comments in the best/most efficient way if that makes sense :)

It's cool, we've all gotta start somewhere! Bonus points for actually giving enough of a damn to ask in the first place, I like people who care.

Me, personally; I reply in Creator Studio because it's way more efficient. I can like, love, reply, hide or block whatever I may need to without accidentally clicking on something else.
And then I'll proceed to get lost in the Analytics section for 4 hours because I do what I want you're not my real dad I got 3 views in Iraq on Thursday what are you doing with your life

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for all the responses. I did not realize that by me viewing my own video for few seconds just to reply to comments and then leaving right afterwards might affect my video... oops! I figured youtube knew it was me watching my own video by knowing my IP... but from now on I'm going to reply in the creator studio section just incase it does affect my video badly by me closing the video after a few seconds.

I forgot to ask... is there a way inside creator studio to make it show comments only for a specific video? its a bit disorienting how it's all displayed in creator studio... I wish it showed comments in order... meaning from newest video posted to oldest...

Sorry nevermind I see it simply shows most recent comment first to the oldest :)

Last edited:

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Creator Studio as well. I like how I can see the order that comments came in regardless of the video. The order comments come in is important to how I run my channel. One thing I don't like about it is that you can't edit your own comments in there and you have to go the video to do so.

To view the comments of just a specific video, select the video from the drop-down list in the upper right where it says All videos. It will only show the most recent ones, though. If you want to view comments on any others, you have to copy the video ID (the part after "watch?v=") of the video whose comments you want to view, select one of the other videos from the list, then replace the video ID in your address bar with the one you copied. It's kind of tedious.

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do Creator Studio as well.

Sometimes I make a mistake on the title of a video or in the description. I don't even catch it until later, but when I go to edit the video in Creator Studio and save the changes it still increases my view count by one. This happens even when I don't watch the video. All I do is change the title or description. I hope it doesn't register that I watched the video for just a few seconds because I really didn't.

I wish YouTube's algorithm was smart enough to know that the content creator is watching the video and not another viewer, but it doesn't. Sadness.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Creator studio, it is the easiest and most clean way. Sometimes I do it on my mobile phone app too. But mostly I reply to everything in bulk. I enjoy it when I have quite a few to reply to. I think bigger YouTubers have it hard, not being able to give everyone a reply back.

Star Wars Geek

Reaction score
I use Creator Studio as well for pretty much the same reasons everyone else has stated. I try to avoid any interaction with my own videos being played back because of me since I don't want to influence my own numbers. Plus it is just a handy tool for scrolling through and seeing all of the comments in one spot so I know that I have responded.