How do you record speed-paints?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm just asking out of curiosity, since i have already figured out a setup that works for me. I thought it'd be interesting to see how other people record traditional art timelapses and stuff! Pictures are welcome! :D

Robin Coomans

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey! I came across your channel a bit earlier today! :)

I don't have any fancy recording equipment, so my setup is pretty low tech :) But I just record with my phone in timelapse function or sometimes just regular video that I speed up. And I hold it in a phoneholder for the car, zip-tied to a cheap squeeze clamp and I just clamp it to whatever I can ;) In the little room where I do my paintings I have a small suply rack in the back from where I get a good complete image. So usually I just put it there, but sometimes I move it around at random:)

I don't have any pictures, but it is incredibly simple... but it seems to work OK ;)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's cool! I think most of us don't have super professional setups! Your end results are great though! :)
Hey! I came across your channel a bit earlier today! :)

I don't have any fancy recording equipment, so my setup is pretty low tech :) But I just record with my phone in timelapse function or sometimes just regular video that I speed up. And I hold it in a phoneholder for the car, zip-tied to a cheap squeeze clamp and I just clamp it to whatever I can ;) In the little room where I do my paintings I have a small suply rack in the back from where I get a good complete image. So usually I just put it there, but sometimes I move it around at random:)

I don't have any pictures, but it is incredibly simple... but it seems to work OK ;)

KennaDesigns

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is super interesting! Personally, it depends on what kind of speedart I'm doing. If it's a graphic design one on IDraw, or drawing on FireAlpaca, I just use QuickTime on my macbook and record my screen, and then edit in final cut. If I want to do a physical painting or whatever I prop up my macbook so that its resting against the back of my desk area, and the keyboard is almost vertical, and then angle the screen area, so that it records my desk!

Reactions: alexoah

chenrsf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Well, I've been using HyperCam forever and it works great for me (when drawing digitally) :) as for actual drawing in real life, I use my camera and a tripod.

Gummiehz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When i was doing my may we draw daily videos i was using my phone to record,edit, and upload. Now I dont know what to do so I have not done anything but digital speedpaints haha. I use hypercam 2 and windows movie maker, think I need to get some better software ha

RobB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I use OBS record a huge file, and scale time in Premiere. ..it's fairly easy, but it's not efficient.

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I use OBS to record and Premiere to edit. They work like a charm! (only for digital painting though)