How do you react to a diss

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
If it is abusive and includes bad language I delete it.

If it is just mocking and criticising I usually ignore it.

If there there is some possibility to respond with a positive comment without looking like a jerk I try to do so.

This was one of my all time favourite comments:
Super sympathetic presenter and salesman. Selling but not overselling like American competitors. One thing - and don't take this too personal or as a trolling thing: maybe use a bit of concealer on the nose. Men at a certain age tend to show their alcohol consumption first through their nose veins and its red colour. I have subbed to this channel.

I engaged with this comment and had a good "online chat" with the subscriber.

Reactions: Crown

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
either don't reply, or take it in a joking manner. Odds are they are just trolls and if you don't respond they will go away. A similar situation happened to me and the more I replied the more it fueled them. If it is not constrictive criticism and just plain hate I'd suggest you delete the comments until they stop commenting.
I don't reply and I just leave the comment there[DOUBLEPOST=1499763276,1499763184][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tell them that A: They almost certainly don't work as hard as you do on YoutTube, B: It's their fault for not enjoying your quality content, and C: That it's their problem that they have to live with themselves being a royal pain in the neck. P.S: Don't do any of those, I'm just kidding around, just ignore them or delete their comment.
Lol

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get them every day. Depending on my mood I use a different response. As @Crown said..

1)Ignore it but don't delete it.
2)Delete it.
3)Use the "Don't display comments by this user" option.
4)Reply with something like "Thanks for watching."

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A lot of people like to spend their time typing nonsense at other people online. I tend to just ignore it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
There's a really good book I recommend called "Don't sweat the small stuff" It's all about not letting lots of daily problems and annoyances build up and stress you out and make you angry, sad etc etc.

A really good technique explained in the book (1 of many) -When you start to feel yourself getting angry/stressed/upset about something that happens during your day, think to yourself, "Will this event be significant to me a year from now? Will it still be stressing me out? Will I even remember it? What about 6 months from now? What about 1 month? 1 week? Tomorrow?" - What you find is that 99% of sources of stress really aren't significant or important. If you realise you won't even remember them, then it helps you shrug them off in the present and carry on without them hardly affecting you. It puts everything into perspective and makes you realise that only a tiny percentage of "problems" are in fact real problems and genuine sources of worry (things like deaths, serious illness, accidents) and they are in fact very rare.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If it is just someone saying how bad something is without giving any reasons why they think it's bad or why they don't like it. I consider it as them just wanting to be mean for no reason. So it's just a waste of time to reply to them. It could even just get worse, them leaving more s****y comments. Ain't no body got time for that

Landen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lowkey I would be so honored if someone paid my channel any attention by making a diss. Think about the time, effort, possible research they would have had to do in shooting and editing it. Just because its meant to be a negative for your channel doesn't mean it has to be. It's going to give your channel more attention no matter what.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If it is just an insult or thoughtless criticism, I either read it and move on (like I do most comments) or reply with something like, "Thanks! That means a lot to me!" if I feel like annoying them. I've told people to go complain about how awful my channel and videos are to their friends and family. Sometimes I've agreed with people. An example from yesterday:

Him: it's G MAJOR dummy...
(he was referring to me labeling my channel and videos "horror version", which I derived from a video edit meme called "g major")
Me: You're right, "horror version" is a form of G Major.
Him: sorry for the rudeness. :D

One 3 weeks ago:

Her: HOW ABOUT YOU DIE YOU ARE RUINING MY FAVORITE TV SHOWS!!!!!!!!
Me: Okay, I probably will. I haven't decided when, yet.
Her: it was a joke... Still cant you do something else besides Horror Versions of tv show???

Reactions: The_Man_XX