How do you react to a diss

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So how do you really to someone mocking you & your channel out of nowhere.I guess its pretty normal but I dont respond to disses even though I really want to sometimes I figured its just a waste of time.So how do you respond?

Unsocialhours

Reaction score
If you reply in a fun way and make a joke out of the situation it is often better than ignoring it completely. However make sure it doesn't come across as douchy,

Reactions: The_Man_XX

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
either don't reply, or take it in a joking manner. Odds are they are just trolls and if you don't respond they will go away. A similar situation happened to me and the more I replied the more it fueled them. If it is not constrictive criticism and just plain hate I'd suggest you delete the comments until they stop commenting.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If it's a comment on your channel, you could either:

1)Ignore it but don't delete it.
2)Delete it.
3)Use the "Don't display comments by this user" option.
4)Reply with something like "Thanks for watching."

I like options 1-3 because they all involve you pretty much ignoring him / her. Option 3 is particularly good because they won't know you've done it. They will still see their comment but won't understand why nobody is replying to them. Better still, they might waste even more time making more comments (that nobody will ever see).

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's probably best to ignore it. You don't want to give them the attention they want.

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Tell them that A: They almost certainly don't work as hard as you do on YoutTube, B: It's their fault for not enjoying your quality content, and C: That it's their problem that they have to live with themselves being a royal pain in the neck. P.S: Don't do any of those, I'm just kidding around, just ignore them or delete their comment.

Reactions: Crown

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So how do you really to someone mocking you & your channel out of nowhere.I guess its pretty normal but I dont respond to disses even though I really want to sometimes I figured its just a waste of time.So how do you respond?
sometimes you don't have to ignore it. either, just have a funny positive comeback (just one time tho) or just delete it.

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Person: Says some mean things/ Points out flaws about my content.
Me: Oh okay, well thanks for the feedback! ;)
I'm not negative to anyone on my channel at all <3 it's a place for positivity, even if the people aren't so nice xD

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I agree with those above that said ignore or delete. Unless your channel is about drama there is no point and it makes you look sensitive and petty. One thing I never want to do is spend more time on the people that hate me than the people that like me.